Re-reading: pros and cons

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Nancy Emad
Currently Reading: Persuasion
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy-emad.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Re-reading: pros and cons

Post by Nancy Emad »

I have never re-read a book in my entire life. Probably 'cause the saying affects me much "So many books, so little time."
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

There is an almost infinite number of things to read so I virtually never re-read unless you count scriptures, variations of myths, or different versions of popular stories like fairy tales.
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Alissa Nesson »

I live to reread my favorite books! It’s like revisiting old friends in a world I miss! I have learned not to reread them too often because I don’t want to start to memorize it-that kinda ruins the experience. I sometimes even reread the books I loved as a kid to see how I feel about them now. I still love to read “A Wrinkle In Time” by Madeline L’Engle along with the rest of that series. Still so interesting.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”