What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I feel like I am behind :lol: I am currently reading JT's World by E. Alan Fleischauer. This will be an exciting read.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Ma Leonarda Castañares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-leonarda-casta-ares.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ma Leonarda Castañares »

I’m continuing to read “The Picture of Dorian Gray” by Oscar Wilde. Time to annotate this book!
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Michelle312
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Michelle312 »

I've read a couple old EU Star Wars novels in the past few months and these last few days I've been reading a couple novels taking place in this sage. I'm currently reading "Star Wars, Jedi quest: Path to truth (Anakin's story between episode I and II)", by Jude Watson. It is the introductory novel to the "Jedi quest" series by the same author. But I don't have access to the rest of the series, because there isn't a single copy of the 10 books in the Montreal Public Library Network. But from what I've seen "Path to truth" can be read as a standalone, which is why I put a copy on hold. I'm also reading "Choices of one" by Timothy Zahn (this one is from my personal bookshelf).

After that I plan to read the following EU Star Wars novels (and these are all from my personal bookshelf); "Heir to the Empire", "Dark force rising", "The last command", Specter of the past", "Vision of the future", and "Survivor's quest", all of them by author Timothy Zahn. After reading this author's masterpiece entitled "Outbound flight" (this one is a bit start to slow, but from chapter 5 and onward, it's a thrilling and amazing masterpiece), I decided to buy all the old EU Thrawn novels and now I have all eight of them on my personal bookshelf ("Outbound flight", "Choices of one", "Heir to the Empire", "Dark force rising", "The last command", Specter of the past", "Vision of the future", and "Survivor's quest"). I also plan to read those other old EU Star Wars novels (these too are all from my personal bookshelf); "Old Republic: Revan" by Drew Karpyshyn, "Old Republic: Deceived" by Paul S. Kemp, and "Fatal alliance", by Sean Williams. I also plan to read the Medstar duology by Michael Reaves and Steve Perry (those two are old EU Star Wars novels). And I plan to read the "Jedi apprentice" series by Jude Watson (a series in 20 volumes). On my reading list in the same saga there's also; "Darth Maul: Shadow hunter" by Michael Reaves which I plan to buy soon, and this other book entitled "Crucible" by Troy Denning that I will borrow from a public library.

So on my reading list there's like 34 old EU Star Wars novels. There are other books on my reading list too, like at least 90 books on my reading list, but 1/3 of my reading list is old EU Star Wars novels.

Just to be clear, I only read old EU Star Wars novels (I want nothing at all to do with the super lame new "canon"/new EU, and by the way even JJ Abrams, Jon Favreau, the cast/actors and George Lucas themselves HATE the new "canon"/new EU and Mark Hamill and George Lucas spoke out/warned people against it many times. Mark Hamill also said that that the prequel trilogy, episode 1-3, is more original than the lame Disney sequel trilogy episode 7-9. But also the new "canon"/new EU is so unpopular that 98% of the fanbase HATES it and told Disney and Kennedy that they don't get to make the old EU no longer canon overnight for no damn reason and erase over 40 years of Star Wars history without getting a ton of pushback and backlash for it. Also George Lucas was very much pro old EU and was very invested in and involved in the old EU especially with the novel "Darth Plagueis by James Luceno. George Lucas also told Disney that they should have used old EU material to make movies and TV shows instead of making that horrid new "canon" that destroyed the series. I can give you LINKS TO VIDEOS AND PLAYLISTS to back up my claims with EVIDENCE so you can hear it for yourselves but maybe via some PM system because it seems that it won't let me post links here on the forums or at least on this thread, I'm new here so I don't know why links are not allowed here but maybe onlinebookclub has a PM system of some sort so you can send EVIDENCE to people who ask that you back up your claims with EVIDENCE. I want nothing at all to do with the super lame new "canon"/new EU and I support the old EU movement because the old EU is the original canon/lore and the better canon and THE BEST OF Star Wars).
Last edited by Michelle312 on 06 Mar 2023, 21:49, edited 5 times in total.
Ash Subra
Favorite Book: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash-subra.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Ash Subra »

I'm currently reading E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer. It's a interesting book.
AG2005

Post by AG2005 »

I just finished reading "The Coddling of the American Mind" by Greg Lukianoff & Jonathon Haidt. I loved it!
Jess Pumkin
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jess-pumkin.html
Latest Review: Memoirs of a Management Consultant by Franco Guazzoni

Post by Jess Pumkin »

Hi there.

I am currently reading Good Strategy / Bad Strategy by Richard P. Rumelt - I've read this before, but I enjoy the writer's candor so I thought I'd read it again.
Jess Pumkin
:techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference: :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
Omneya Shakeep
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

I am currently reading Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale. It is a historical fiction story that takes place during World War I.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Lumilu
Currently Reading: The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Lumilu »

I am reading :techie-studyinggray: 'The Paper Menagerie and Other Stories' by Ken Liu. The stories are focusing on technology and human interaction, history of China and its' relations and magic of the childhood. Even though most of the stories are sad, there is hope that shines through them.
Toby De
Currently Reading: All That's Left in the World
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Toby De »

I just finished Thirteen Storeys by Jonathan Sims, and am now reading his second novel Family Business. I got introduced to Jonathan Sims for his podcast with Rusty Quill, The Magnus Archives. It is one of my favorite horror podcasts :)
Alexandra Rita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexandra-rita.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Alexandra Rita »

I am currently reading The Richest Man In Babylon. First of all, I miss reading physical books. I have read books on Kindle and my laptops for too long that I almost forgot what it was like to have a book in my hands. Second, The Richest Man In Babylon is an eyeopener
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

I'm reading " Terms of service". December 22 book of the month. I'm very curious!
Jackelyn Olayon Elgario
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jackelyn-olayon-elgario.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by Jackelyn Olayon Elgario »

Hi there I just finished the book “We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies”.
Khyan

Post by Khyan »

Hi all, newbie here getting used to the forum.
I'm currently reading The Adventures of Amina al-Sirafi by Shannon Chakraborty. I treated myself to signed copy in my local bookshop. I am halfway through and loving the adventure and new characters she has developed. The book itself has a beautiful cover and coloured map of the world created.
urrutiap

Post by urrutiap »

just finished the rest of Dune Machine Crusade an hour ago.

Just started reading Dune Battle of Corrin. Hope its better than what went on in Machine Crusade
carol fishet

Post by carol fishet »

I am reading Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. While easy to get tangled up in 19th century writing, the story is fairly clear. It's pretty mind boggling how ridged the views are about manners and proper behavior. The heroine of the story is a popular type of heroine for Jane Austen: Quiet, intelligent, shy possessing a tender heart. I would have thought that Jane Austen more of a forward thinker, choosing major characters who have more fire to them. I find I am more interested in the characters of Madam Bovary and Anna Karenina.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”