Where do you get your books ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
L25
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Where do you get your books ?

Post by L25 »

i normally get it from book stores or download from online
TheSheep
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by TheSheep »

Sometimes at a local book store, sometimes online at bookdepository.com (they offer free shipping worldwide!) or amazon.
This may sound silly, but I have a phobia of used books because I just can't help thinking about its previous owners. This is mostly a 'germaphobe' issue, but is anyone else the same? I hate admitting it because it makes me sound like a snob :( But yeah, I wish i can get over this since books these days are so friggin' expensive!
designerrosa
Favorite Author: Michael LeBoeuf
Favorite Book: Memoirs of a Geisha
Currently Reading: The Richest Man in Babylon by G. Classon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-designerrosa.html

Post by designerrosa »

I get most of my paperbacks at used book stores. Some from garage sales and the rest i download.
Tiffany01

Post by Tiffany01 »

half.com
knighthkm
Favorite Author: Too many
Favorite Book: Also too many
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knighthkm.html
Latest Review: "The Big Cats" by Enid Joyce

Post by knighthkm »

I buy off Amazon or Barns and Nobles.
Latest Review: "The Big Cats" by Enid Joyce
Divya Tamilselvan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divya-t.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B086KCQX95

Post by Divya Tamilselvan »

I get most of my books from Amazon and Flipkart. I have also got books from used bookstores. Nowadays I am reading e-books from Online Book Club.
Scott Fling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott-fling.html
Latest Review: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL by Tim Outlaw

Post by Scott Fling »

I get most of my books of paperbackswap.com. Very rarely buy a new book anymore unless it's something I wish to keep. Also get books from Goodwill, which is a pretty good and cheap source of books at times. I have three Goodwill's within ten miles.
lily-789
Currently Reading: The Diamond Eye
Bookshelf Size: 76

Post by lily-789 »

I get my books from library book sales as well as borrowing from the library.
Amber Leigh Luecke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: A Year With Rumi
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amlilui.html
Latest Review: Where's Hare's Tooth? by Lois Solverud

Post by Amber Leigh Luecke »

The library is so important, but since my daughter was born it's mostly where we get our children's books. I generally get my books on Audible because I'm always doing something else while listening, which is helpful as a self-employed mom! Since joining the online book club, however, my Kindle library is growing with books for myself and my daughter! The last hardcopy book I purchased was In It Together by Eckhart Aurelias Hughes, which I just finished today :) Now I get to work on posting my first review!
Danielle Moffatt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielle-moffatt.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Danielle Moffatt »

I usually have all my fictions books on my kindle but I do love a good self help book, and for some reason I love those to be physical copies (probably because it takes me longer to read, and I like to be able to pick it up and put it down, but save my kindle books for my binge reading marathons). Most of these self help books are bought as gifts for me, but we do have a great shop in the UK called "The Works" which is a mix of books and crafts. The books are usually half price of the RRP so I always like to browse there for something that might stand out.
McAlpine
Currently Reading: The IHOP Papers
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by McAlpine »

When I need something specific, unusual, or scarce, I buy it new or used from Amazon. Sometimes, I buy used at the public library, or new and discounted at BJ's Wholesale Club. Occasionally, I borrow books from the public library.
Ma Leonarda Castañares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-leonarda-casta-ares.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ma Leonarda Castañares »

I get them mostly on National Bookstores but now that their prices soar high, even paperbacks, I go to booksale to get them as an alternative.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I like to shop online because you get rewards points back. My number one store online is Book Outlet. The second one I try to buy from is called Better World Books. Both stores you get rewards points, but I also like with Better World Books your money is also donated and goes to a good cause.
Liza Chulukhadze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

Mostly from a local book shop in Georgia called "Biblusi". It's the place almost everyone gets their books at, but as for books in English, they're quite difficult and expensive to get.
Ben Madeley
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ben-madeley.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ben Madeley »

I'm currently living in Vietnam, so finding a good range of books has always been a real challenge, fortunately these days in the city I live there is 1 secondhand bookshop for English language books, so I can at least get my hands on some books even if they tend not to be the newest ones.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”