Your ultimate reading environment?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Re: Your ultimate reading environment?

Post by ebeth »

Well my favorite place is by the creek when we are camping
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
bradybunch84
Favorite Author: Mary Stewart
Favorite Book: The Secret Garden
Currently Reading: TheHaunted Hour edited by Manson
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 10582

Post by bradybunch84 »

When I was in school I loved reading on the noisy school bus. 45min just flew. 50 years later, in front of the fireplace or during a thunderstorm in a lazyboy recliner works for me.
a wonderful companion in solitude - (a book)
Lesa
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesa.html

Post by Lesa »

Somewhere quiet, lol. But really, I can read through background noise- tv, waiting rooms, restaurants, no matter, I can tune it out. I just prefer a nice quiet place, so mainly at home, in my bedroom, or in the living room, sprawled out in my recliner.
JackyNinh
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jackyninh.html

Post by JackyNinh »

My ideal reading environment would be under a beautiful oak tree with overhanging leaves for shade. The grass would also be cut so it doesn't itch my bottom. The weather would be cool and clear with no sharp winds or heat. The small animals would also be roaming about.
GkruseV
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gkrusev.html

Post by GkruseV »

The ultimate reading environment for me is my lazy-boy recliner. It's in the perfect spot by the window to give off the right amount of light. Otherwise, I can make just about any place work if I have to.
Jonos
Currently Reading: The 6th Extinction
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jonos »

In a comfy chair or sofa where it's calm and quiet with little to no noise or distractions.
madbooklover21

Post by madbooklover21 »

I always loved taking my book and a camp chair out on the dock to read! It's so peaceful and quiet, and a good way to get fresh air! Sometimes I would even listen to an audio book so I could get some fishing in!
ashee

Post by ashee »

I really prefer being cozy to read, but I can pretty much read anywhere, the bathroom, the bedroom, on my travels, in the doctor's office, you name it I can read there...
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

Weirdly enough, on the treadmill at my current gym. No one will bother me because they're doing their own thing elsewhere on their own treadmills or in the weight area. I discovered this year that I'm able to read more pages while walking at 3.5 and simultaneously reading. The action combines my love for books and fitness. :D
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
captain-rina
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-captain-rina.html

Post by captain-rina »

my ultimate reading environment is anywhere anytime the beauty of reading for me is that it pulls me directly out of where I am in that moment and takes me some where completely different I can be freaking out one moment and open up my book and feel so relaxed in only seconds it's amazing the only thing that seems to be able to interfere with my reading environment is when someone can see that I'm reading and just true to talk to me only when I am reading I don't mind setting my book down for a moment to talk but not when I set my book down to listen and they stop talking and as soon as I pick it back up they can't stop talking I don't know if anyone else also experiences this ?
pavster
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pavster.html

Post by pavster »

surrounding by people, but in a quiet place! So I guess this may sound boring, but in a library! I am a people person, so reading alone somewhat scares me especially when I am reading an intense book as my mind really takes me to a whole another world. But in general, any spot where I am able to truly immerse myself into the experience is an ideal reading environment for me.
cyndibookswagbag
Favorite Author: Gena Showalter
Currently Reading: The Banned Book about Love
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3591

Post by cyndibookswagbag »

Prior to kindles and nooks. I would read a paper back floating on my back in the lake or a pool, or sit in a hot tube! My favorite
patch_of_light
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patch-of-light.html

Post by patch_of_light »

I can read anywhere. The place and time doesn't matter as long as the book is at least half-good. I have observed that when I try to study in bed it sends me to sleep in just a few minutes. But if I'm reading a good book in bed, I can stay up the entire night! And the only reason I have ever stayed up an entire night is to finish a book that was too good to put down.
That said, I really like having a comfy place to read in. I usually curl up in my bed among pillows. If it's raining, even better!
MarkMueller
Favorite Author: Michael Connelly
Currently Reading: I Capture the Castle
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markmueller.html
fav_author_id: 3897

Post by MarkMueller »

For me it is reading in bed. I read for 90 minutes to two hours each evening at bedtime. I love it!
BookishBookkeeping
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6703">The Count of Monte Cristo</a>
Currently Reading: Atlas Shrugged
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishbookkeeping.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by BookishBookkeeping »

A comfy armchair, the porch swing, at the park on a blanket or even a waiting room. I enjoy reading almost anywhere. The best time though is when it rains. There is something about rain and books that go well together. Also when its a little chilly outside and sitting on the sofa with a hot tea and blanket.
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”