How does everyone feel about Fan Fiction?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Re: How does everyone feel about Fan Fiction?

Post by AA1495 »

I love fan fictions! I love how people can have different perspectives about the same characters and plots!
bmysti00
Currently Reading: Queen Sugar
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bmysti00.html

Post by bmysti00 »

I love fanfiction. Particularly when it's well written. I have been fortunate enough to come across fanfiction writers who easily wrote just as well as a high esteemed author.

It is an art,and a way to pay homage and expound on work that you love. As an avid tv watcher in addition to being an avid reader, I love reading a good fanfic and discovering how others interpret a character. I also love reading the creative ways fans can continue a story long after it's over (specifically with cancelled tv series).

Sometimes it's a great fix when I want to read, but I want something quick and I don't want to take the time to invest in New characters. I get a short story with characters I already know and am invested in.
AA1495
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 19636">Out of the Box Awakening</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aa1495.html
Latest Review: YiaYia’s Kitchen by Brianna Koucos Midgley

Post by AA1495 »

bmysti00 wrote:I love fanfiction. Particularly when it's well written. I have been fortunate enough to come across fanfiction writers who easily wrote just as well as a high esteemed author.

It is an art,and a way to pay homage and expound on work that you love. As an avid tv watcher in addition to being an avid reader, I love reading a good fanfic and discovering how others interpret a character. I also love reading the creative ways fans can continue a story long after it's over (specifically with cancelled tv series).

Sometimes it's a great fix when I want to read, but I want something quick and I don't want to take the time to invest in New characters. I get a short story with characters I already know and am invested in.
I have to say this - I love how you explained it. It's very convincing. I agree with this completely :D
Amna Khalid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amna-khalid.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by Amna Khalid »

The first fan-fiction book I read was 'Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell'. It was hard for me to complete this book. I read half book back in 2017 and later in 2019 I completed it. This genre is the one I always avoid. I can't read fan-fiction books.
Amna Khalid
Henry Patrovic
Favorite Book: A Touch of Power
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-patrovic.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Henry Patrovic »

Honestly, I have probably read over 1000 books, but none of them were fan fiction. I will probably try to read one and afterwards tell you my opinion.
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Alissa Nesson »

I haven’t really enjoyed fan fiction very much, though it doesn’t bother me if other people do
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”