FOR STUDENTS! Do you still read around exam time?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Uthar902
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uthar902.html

Re: FOR STUDENTS! Do you still read around exam time?

Post by Uthar902 »

uni exams i read a lot but not books for pleasure haha rather books about my subject
sangeetha_nk
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sangeetha-nk.html

Post by sangeetha_nk »

I study whole day and read fiction in the night. I don't fully stop reading fiction, but I minimize the amount of time I spend on it.
to become a Name even death can't kill
wendyj
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendyj.html
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid

Post by wendyj »

I'm not currently a student but I always read around exam time. Maybe not so much because I had less time, but I needed the escape into a book to help release stress!
Latest Review: "The Smile Ambassadors" by Jeffrey Reid
su_zu
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-su-zu.html

Post by su_zu »

No, I normally don't read around exam time.
Exams are already so stressful and I don't want to increase the emotional burden by getting attached to a book/character.
Nimbus Wolfsbane
Favorite Author: Arthur Conan Doyle
Favorite Book: To Kill A Mocking Bird
Currently Reading: Fahrenheit 451
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimbus-wolfsbane.html
fav_author_id: 2456

Post by Nimbus Wolfsbane »

My reading definitely halts when I reach exam time, but I will read for an hour or two occasionally when I need to take a break.
With each page you turn another life you live...
krismags
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krismags.html
Latest Review: "Love to Believe" by Lisa Ricard Claro

Post by krismags »

I read during exams, as it makes for a nice relaxation and break for my brain between study sessions. I tend to choose something light and simple, not a complex book that requires a lot of concentration. However, I have to be a lot more careful with how long I read- I picked up a thriller this week and read through all the time I said I would be studying last night!
Latest Review: "Love to Believe" by Lisa Ricard Claro
Headbanginghunny
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-headbanginghunny.html

Post by Headbanginghunny »

I don't usually read around exam times because I simply don't have time to. I would love to but I focus on my studies more and stress too much about reading all of that and working.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

I definitely do read during exam time. If I am cramming for exams or drowned in reading textbooks and articles, I have to take a break by doing something else besides reading. However, I end up reading a book of my choice to relax again before going back to studying. This helps me focus and concentrate better when I have to return to studying.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Tianarenee3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tianarenee3.html

Post by Tianarenee3 »

unfortunately, yes! it seems that i cant ever stop, which although sounds wonderful, really affects my academic performance, and i dont say that lightly! i get so easily distracted and entering the world of a new book sounds much more appealing than studying biochemistry or trigonometry, haha. i guess it is a temptation i cannot resist.
Wolfsbane Creations
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wolfsbane-creations.html

Post by Wolfsbane Creations »

When I need a break
aweirdassbooknerd
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Shining by Stephen King
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aweirdassbooknerd.html

Post by aweirdassbooknerd »

YES I DO. Its not good. Its not healthy. I engross myself so much into that book. I forget what I'm studying and start reliving scenes from the book and end up not working hard enough for the exams. I suggest you lock all your books in a cupboard and study. Its hypocritical coming from me but trust me you should do it. It saddens me to know even though I'm preaching such things, I'll still end up repeating my mistake !
readinginreview4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginreview4.html

Post by readinginreview4 »

I don really read around exam time, but I also don't really study for exams either. I do reviews so I don't really have time to read.
dishaprashant

Post by dishaprashant »

Yes despite being married and yet a student I still choose to read during exams time. I feel that after a stressful amount of studying books are the best getaways from stress. They relieve you off the burden of stress and pressures during exam time. Of course it is mandatory to maintain a proper balance between the time to study and the time to read book. I agree that books are indeed addictive but then at times this addiction needs to be enjoyed as a hobby for time being...:) But yes reading during exam time is indeed a reliever in disguise..
amansmith
Favorite Author: Patricia Briggs
Favorite Book: Alpha and Omega and Highland Moonlight
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amansmith.html
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
fav_author_id: 4314

Post by amansmith »

I do. It gives me a way to blow off some steam. The only problem for me is if the book is really good I don't want to put it down, but I force myself to so I can go back to studying.
Latest Review: "My Journey To Hell (Novelette)" by John D.Ottini
CuriousJorgi
Favorite Author: JRR Tolkien
Favorite Book: The Hobbit
Currently Reading: Dorothy Must Die
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-curiousjorgi.html

Post by CuriousJorgi »

I do to relax from studying.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”