I just love reading.

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Re: I just love reading.

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Whitnicole wrote:Reading is the only thing that calms me down for a bit! Although I love my Netflix shows, nothing feels as relaxing as a good read!
I also find that if I'm upset over anything, picking up a book helps me to calm down too. It makes me feel happy again :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
kathylapan
Favorite Author: Thomas Harris
Currently Reading: Near a thousand tables
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathylapan.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2793

Post by kathylapan »

hsimone wrote:
Whitnicole wrote:Reading is the only thing that calms me down for a bit! Although I love my Netflix shows, nothing feels as relaxing as a good read!
I also find that if I'm upset over anything, picking up a book helps me to calm down too. It makes me feel happy again :)
I find I can relax when I read because I can pretend I'm alone and ignore everyone :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light; I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night. ~ Sarah Williams
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

kathylapan wrote:I am so glad I found this site because I only know person irl who likes to read even close to as much as I do.
Definitely! I feel the same way :D
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Ammu24
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammu24.html

Post by Ammu24 »

I love reading so much.
While reading books , I cry and laugh and people think me crazy. First time I read 'A Walk to Remember' , I cried so much my friends thought that someone in my family died and when i explained why I cried they asked" can you cry when u read a book?".
I replied that ," Don't you cry when u see a emotional movie? its like that for me when i read an emotional book. i see it like a movie".

I have found that those who have imagination loves book more than movies of the same book.
roultmore
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by roultmore »

Me too - reading books like adding new information and knowing more about the world
Heidi M Simone

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Ammu24 wrote:I love reading so much.
While reading books , I cry and laugh and people think me crazy. First time I read 'A Walk to Remember' , I cried so much my friends thought that someone in my family died and when i explained why I cried they asked" can you cry when u read a book?".
I replied that ," Don't you cry when u see a emotional movie? its like that for me when i read an emotional book. i see it like a movie".

I have found that those who have imagination loves book more than movies of the same book.
I like what you said about "those who have imagination loves book more than movies of the same book". I definitely end up enjoying the book more than the movie. There is so much more substance in books and I don't feel rushed. When seeing a movie based on a book, I sometimes do feel that the plot is rushed.
Heidi

Mecsecondchance

Post by Mecsecondchance »

I love reading and reading the same book with a friend. We always have something to discuss and our agreement to read something outside of our normal genre pushes us. Reading has been my lifeline through many tough years.
Katy_Moose
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katy-moose.html
Reading Device: B005890FN0

Post by Katy_Moose »

I recently realized how much reading and books have impacted my life. I'm a senior in college and have just decided that I want to go into Publishing! I figured this out when I thought about how nothing has ever sparked my interest or passions like a brand new book. Going into a used bookstore is like a treasure hunt for me! Books are some seriously magical objects.

-- 23 Nov 2015, 21:41 --
Ammu24 wrote:I love reading so much.

I do the exact same thing! I was reading the most recent Song of Fire book, A Dance with Dragons a while ago and this happened to me! I read the last line of the book, put it down, and just stared at the wall with my mouth just hanging open! This wouldn't have been a big deal if I wasn't hanging out in the student center of my college. I got some pretty strange looks. But you can't blame me! OH THE PLOT TWISTS! So much emotion...
zaynab_m
Favorite Author: J. K. Rowling
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0734">Anne of Green Gables</a>
Currently Reading: Rilla of Ingleside
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaynab-m.html
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael

Post by zaynab_m »

Books. I quite literally devour them; they help me escape from reality. That's why I love them

-- 24 Nov 2015, 19:12 --

To escape from school drama. Loads of school drama. Honestly, school sucks. Not because of the studies, but because of the school drama. I hate politics :angry-banghead:
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Latest Review: "Countdown the reckoning" by Ashley Michael
Nikkig91
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkig91.html

Post by Nikkig91 »

Nothing can replace the relaxation from sitting down and enjoying a good book! No matter what platform it is on.
AprilWilsonNolen
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aprilwilsonnolen.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by AprilWilsonNolen »

...because I learn new vocabulary, sometimes, especially with Charles Dickens and Jane Austin, whom I've read more of recently, as the books are free in an app on my phone.

I also love reading because books are transporters and time machines, as many have said, and I agree.

I also love reading because of the smell of the books, as well as the ink that can transfer onto my fingers as proof of a good read, but, as with in digital books, I simply find I love reading because of the way some people put words together, transcending words into beauty.

Hope this finds you well.
Burzotta_86
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burzotta-86.html
Latest Review: "Like Raindrops on Water" by Jann DiPaolo

Post by Burzotta_86 »

I love reading when it's a good book. When I hear people say, "I hate reading" I think to myself, no you don't, you just haven't found the right book.
Latest Review: "Like Raindrops on Water" by Jann DiPaolo
Mntgrl1969
Favorite Author: Patricia Cornwell
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mntgrl1969.html
Reading Device: 1400697484
Publishing Contest Votes: 12
fav_author_id: 2999

Post by Mntgrl1969 »

I absolutely love reading as well. I like to come home from work and grab my book and read until I have decompressed from the day.
qtipbook

Post by qtipbook »

I love reading and the places I go when I read . I hate when I finish a really good book and feel sad that it's over, kind of like losing your best friend lol
Amna Khalid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amna-khalid.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by Amna Khalid »

Yes yes. I love reading too. It gives me a different feeling every time. I means it's a good and positive feeling. To me it's a way to escape from reality. It provides joy to me.
Amna Khalid

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”