Which books changed your life or mind?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
jroze345
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Which books changed your life or mind?

Post by jroze345 »

The Coldest Winter Ever by Sister Souljah

-- 07 Jan 2014, 00:42 --

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
jmalone1994
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: Ink Exchange
Currently Reading: The Blood of Olympus
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmalone1994.html
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by jmalone1994 »

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown really made me think about science and religion and how they fit together
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I would have to say The Shack definitely made an impact on my life. It was written by William P. Young.
cheryl103
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl103.html

Post by cheryl103 »

I feel like every new book I read changes my life and is my new favorite book, but there are definitely those that stick out in my mind...

The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield is a beautiful story about the journey of one's self-discovery. The plot of the book is not the most well thought out, but it is the principles that are conveyed that truly matter. This book completely 180 degree'ed my outlook on life. I believe it is a truly important book to read if you are to become self-aware.

A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle is also a book that made my eyes become wide open. It showed my new ways to look at things and confirmed that the ways I tended to look at the world were not crazy.

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown changed my perspective on trusting people for obvious reasons.

The Varieties of Scientific Experience: A Personal View of the Search for God by Carl Sagan can be (in my library) regarded as a Holy Book. It lays out the natural tendencies of the Universe and connects them to a search for a higher power. The late Carl Sagan was a beautiful mind and soul and did wonders for this planet.
Divya Tamilselvan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-divya-t.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B086KCQX95

Post by Divya Tamilselvan »

The secret by Rhonda Byrne has changed by life and my mindset. I started being optimistic and believed universe after reading the book.
Scott Fling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott-fling.html
Latest Review: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL by Tim Outlaw

Post by Scott Fling »

Sandy, I reckon you should write to JK Rowling and tell her what you just told us. It's the kind of thing every author DREAMS of hearing.
Liza Chulukhadze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: First Survivor
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-liza-chulukhadze.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Liza Chulukhadze »

Hey Nicole and everyone, I'm Liza. The book that changed my thinking and life comoletely was "Dialogue with the Death" by Vako Darchia. I was 14 when I read it, during quarantine, and it had a huge impact on my lifestyle. It's a book about a man who lived his life well having a dialogue with the death. The man shares his experience and methods of dealing with certain situations. I am 17 now and it definitely helped me take the first step towards my better future self.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”