Have you ever changed your mind as for your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
patnjean
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patnjean.html

Re: Have you ever changed your mind as for your favorite boo

Post by patnjean »

Every time that I think I have a favorite, then I change my mind..I love them all!
sellisd5

Post by sellisd5 »

No, I read Great Expectations in high school and fell in love with Pip and Estella and to this day is still my all time fav.
Kibet

Post by Kibet »

[RR] wrote:This Is just out of curiosity. Have you ever felt that the book you read years ago and that has been your favourite ever since, is suddenly replaced for another?
Oh yes, i have had to replace alot from my favourite. yet there is one that has stuck in mind as a favourite for sometime now.
christina_n_m
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-n-m.html

Post by christina_n_m »

I never had a favorite book until I read The Crying of Lot 49 a few years ago. This is a book that I have come back to and reread many a time and I always gain new meaning from the text when I revisit it. This book acts as a mirror into my cognition and the themes I focus in on with each reading illuminate my psyche's state. The connection I have with this book is magnetizing and ever since I picked it up in 2009, it has remained my favorite book.
robert eggleton
Favorite Author: Kurt Vonnegut
fav_author_id: 2721

Post by robert eggleton »

Rarity from the Hollow is number one. My second is still Another Roadside Attraction. Both are educational, fun, and inspiring. Nothing recent -- I've tried to read some junk but usually delete it before I finish. If anybody knows of something, anything, actually worth reading I would give it a try. Mostly seems trash for the last few years.
Jbessy
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jbessy.html
Latest Review: Marco Martinez by R M Allan

Post by Jbessy »

I often find that whatever I'm currently reading is my favorite. After a while though I tend to find a more long lived favorite every few years.
robert eggleton
Favorite Author: Kurt Vonnegut
fav_author_id: 2721

Post by robert eggleton »

One cannot ever excape from Rarity from the Hollow -- never.
Ayakashi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayakashi.html

Post by Ayakashi »

I had a constantly shifting favorite book for most of my life, and then all of a sudden I read a book that was so earth-shatteringly good that it's been my favorite ever since. now it's my second place book that shifts depending on my mood and what I've read recently.
TeenBookReviews
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teenbookreviews.html

Post by TeenBookReviews »

All the time when I was 7 it was the bratz and fairy kingdom or something like that!
Now it is Wonder by R.J.Palacio
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

I usually don’t have favourite book as I read tons of books and fall in love with all of them but if you had asked me what my favourite book was just a couple of months ago, I would’ve told you “The Percy Jackson and the Olympians” and “The Heroes of Olympus” series both by Rick Riordan. “The Fault in Our Stars” by John Green and the “Divergent” series by Veronica Roth. All of those, however, have gone down the list after I read “The Mortal Instruments” and “The Infernal Devices” by Cassandra Clare. I am now in love with both of those series and I’m sure their position as my favourite series won’t change easily.
AryanArora

Post by AryanArora »

Yes I am only a Middle school child but my likes are always changing as I progress in life and my experiences drive the likings of the genres I read
shrey

Post by shrey »

For me all books are my favourite books
AimeeElizabeth92

Post by AimeeElizabeth92 »

I think your favourite books change as you mature, but I will always have books I favour in my collection forever
Superman747
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-superman747.html

Post by Superman747 »

Yes, I have changed my mind quite a bit as to what my favorite book is. When I was about 9 or 10 years old I used to love the Hardy Boys books a lot, but as I got older my interests changed. I would have to say my favorite book now is Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice. I've always loved the Mystery/Suspense genre. :)
Beomatic
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beomatic.html
Latest Review: "World of Myth II" by Travis Bughi

Post by Beomatic »

It depends. Sometimes, you can read an amazing book that changes your favorite, but you still have a special place in your heart for that old favorite book. So, until you've read a book that is just absolutely amazing, you'll still remember and cherish the old books. For me, my favorite changes all the time, just because I pick books that are right for me :) .
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
Latest Review: "World of Myth II" by Travis Bughi

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”