Have you ever changed your mind as for your favorite book?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
verymuchmeg
Favorite Author: Kirsten Miller
Favorite Book: The Night Circus by Erin Morganstern
Currently Reading: The Brontes by Juliet Barker
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verymuchmeg.html
fav_author_id: 22721

Re: Have you ever changed your mind as for your favorite boo

Post by verymuchmeg »

Yes. The whole time I was growing up and well into my twenties, Little Women by Louisa May Alcott was my favorite book. Growing up as an only child, I often thought I longed for sisters, so reading Little Women was a way to enter their world and "join" the March family temporarily. I also spent lots of my childhood sick in bed, so it was nice to have an old favorite to turn to for comfort or distraction whenever I was home from school.

Then, my best friend suggested The Night Circus to me and my husband purchased it for me to read on the plane on our way to our honeymoon destination. (It came out in 2011.) That book shook me to the core and completely enthralled me. I read it back-to-back 11 times before moving on to my next read, then purchased the audiobook and listened to it several more. I still go back to it again and again. I didn't stop loving Little Women, but I found a world I enjoyed being transported into even more.
NJ Slater
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by NJ Slater »

Of course I have. I have obsessively held onto my favourite books for twenty years or more but to be honest I can no longer read most of them. Looking at them through 50 year old eyes instead of 30, the plots seem idiotic, the characters unbelievable and the writing poor. Inevitable I guess but sad nonetheless.
Ashley2005
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley2005.html
Latest Review: "The Paradigm Success Codes For Life" by Carla Wynn

Post by Ashley2005 »

I have changed my mind on my favorite book series because I end up reading a series and not be able to put it down and get impatient for the next book to come out. There are just too many to choose from.
Latest Review: "The Paradigm Success Codes For Life" by Carla Wynn
Elena Nechita
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elena-nechita.html
Latest Review: Zara Hanson & The Mystery of the Painted Symbol by J.L. Haynes

Post by Elena Nechita »

I mean, I always change my mind about this. One book that I think it's my favourite of all time will probably remain my favourite for a long time, but it still changes, probably because I myself change.
Rachael S 1
Currently Reading: Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachael-s-1.html
Latest Review: SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr

Post by Rachael S 1 »

Not really. I have a series that I have read since I was 15 years old - Wheel of Time series. I have never found a series of books that was so complete and fulfilling as this series has been. 14 books long :D
Areeba M
Currently Reading: Vicious
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-areeba-m.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by Areeba M »

It has happened a few times. I used to love Hunger Games series. Then I read The Kite Runner and that becamey favourite. A few years ago I changed my mind again with The Book Thief. I have changed my mind a few times after that too.
They all still are in my top 5/top 10. But the absolute favourite changes.
Bridgette C 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgette-c-2.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Bridgette C 2 »

Yes. My first favorite book when I was in 7th grade was Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan for two years. And then when I started watching and reading Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling on my 9th grade, I became obsessed to it and then it became my favorite book.
Cwilde13
Currently Reading: Watership Down
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwilde13.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cwilde13 »

I have had this happen to me. The Harry Potter used to be my absolute favorite series when I was younger. As I have grown up, my favorite book has changed more times than I can count as I come across books that speak to me better and better.
Peter Chanda
Currently Reading: The way of kings
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Peter Chanda »

Not really, I keep on adding the books I find interesting to my old favorite ones.
Jolaade Idowu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah363.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Jolaade Idowu »

Well, I don't have one favorite book. They are more than one. If I read a book today and I happen to like it, I add it to my list of favorite books.
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

Maybe it’s hard to nail down a favorite because different books ring true to you at different times. They also vary with personalities. I have books I loved that I could recommend to certain friends but not others. Each book has a way of making a mark on your life if you allow it.
Betelhem Demsie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-betelhem-demsie.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Betelhem Demsie »

I have stopped thinking a book as my ever favorite, because each time I read a good book I end up calling the book my favorite.
Henry Patrovic
Favorite Book: A Touch of Power
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-patrovic.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Henry Patrovic »

I mean, of course. New books are constantly being written and I have changed my favourite book around 10 times.
Jay Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-peter.html
Latest Review: Champagne Widows by Rebecca Rosenberg

Post by Jay Peter »

Every time that I think I have a favorite, then I change my mind..I love them all!
Wisely Time
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Wisely Time »

Yes, some of my old favorites still hold a place in my heart but they have been replaced at the top of my list by a few newer books.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”