Young Adults Not Reading

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Re: Young Adults Not Reading

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Certainly! Here's the translation:

This writing becomes increasingly relevant in today's era, where social media technology is advancing, and mobile games have become ubiquitous. People are less inclined to read on one hand, perhaps, as you said, ironically, because reading is not considered cool among young people.

More people prefer watching YouTube or TikTok. Although, on one hand, this represents a form of technological development where knowledge becomes more widespread and massive, sometimes it's also related to quality. Because we know that nothing can replace reading in cultivating critical thinking and how we reflect on existing writings.

Fortunately, as a young adult, I can still maintain my reading habit because I believe it's good for honing my language skills and also for maintaining my peace of mind and sanity during working periods.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

have to say that being a senior in hs i am not really overwhelmed. as of right now i have a pretty decent shedule but i always find time to read. well not right now because i have a really big research project to do but i am still reading.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”