Ellen Hpkins

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
kristy98
Bookshelf Size: 0

Ellen Hpkins

Post by kristy98 »

I noticed that I haven't seen anyone talking about Ellen Hopkins books. I wanted to know what others though of them. I have read all of her poet form books.
Crank
Glass
Burned
Impulse
Identical
I loved them all I can't wait for her to write a book 3 on crank. She has said she was but I haven't seen a date yet. I love they way she writes the pages. The books are really great, I mean you can't stop reading them. Then by the time you realize it the book is done and your wanting more.
perksofbeingme

Post by perksofbeingme »

i love ellen hopkins. I just finished Identical and was just...awe struck at how dark and heavy that topic was. But as always, she wrote about it well.Is she writing a third crank book? thats fabulous b/c I would've hated to see it end the way it did. Did you start to hate christina in glass as well?
How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
TeamMikeNewton

Post by TeamMikeNewton »

I am reading Crank right now and honestly, I cannot put it down. It's amazing!
Mhernandez0112

Post by Mhernandez0112 »

Happy I found some one who loves the collection as well, love love her collection, have u read tricks yet?
Gabbysmommy26
Favorite Author: Ellen Hopkins
Currently Reading: Fallout
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 3134

Post by Gabbysmommy26 »

I absolutely love every single book I have read from Ellen all of them takes you and pulls you in crank was the very first book I ever read of hers and I've honestly been hooked since. They pull you in yes they are dark but also so real she's by far one of my favorite authors to this day . 14 years later I still read her books over and over
Cwilde13
Currently Reading: Watership Down
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwilde13.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cwilde13 »

I really like the books by Ellen Hopkins. They are so easy to read in their poetic verse, but they also touch on really controversial and important topics.
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

I must say I hear that name frequently but I haven't picked any if the books to read. I am hoping in the nearest future to be lucky enough to lay my hands on Ellen's books.
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”