what do you think about e-books

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
sharon.gmc
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by sharon.gmc »

ebooks are great but I love the smell and feel of traditional books. and besides you can't bring e-books to the toilet. . .
webmagnate

Post by webmagnate »

I love the smell of books. Gives me a certain high. So an ebook is not really for me.
couturefever

Post by couturefever »

Not a big fan of e-books. I feel as though I'm wasting when I print them out (unless I can give them to someone) and I hate staring at a computer screen. I get distracted to easily for that. However, I believe my mother is planning on buying me an amazon kindle and I love the concept of that.
ketansnadar

Post by ketansnadar »

Yeah,
I do agree that you might very well read nicely with the paper back books..you can carry your book whereevr you wish to either while travelling or while going to a garden .. or wherever you wish to..
But ebooks has its own charm..
Reading an ebook requires more patience than the paper back books..for me reading a book in the computer is more challenging than the paper back books...
but now a days ebooks can be read in a mobile also so it has become more handy like a paper back books...
You can even own a sony ebook readin for reading the books..
I am dying to take an ebook reader.. but it has not yet launched in India...
I am just waiting when it will launch in India...
In the end of the day reading matters ..either read via a paper back book or an ebook using a comp or cellphone or an ebook reader...
Cheers...
Enjy reading..
akaybeyond

Post by akaybeyond »

Well e-books are good but I'd rather wanted to read in the paper books I can easily get information even I'm not in front of my pc.[
ciscopower

Post by ciscopower »

For ebooks, it is easy to search, easy to take with you and a little bit hard to read.

In general , I like ebooks, a small hard drive can bring me a whole library which it is impossible to do that with hard copy books.
Jason44

Post by Jason44 »

I think both hard cover and e-books have their advantages and disadvantages, it really comes down to personal preferance but it seems that in the future we might all be reading ebooks. There are also some free websites that provide huge selections and also applications like Stanza which is amazing! Image
marcberry

Post by marcberry »

long way off being mainstream
Hippykitty

Post by Hippykitty »

I bought myself a Sony ereader for Christmas and haven't looked back. I read more books in under a month than I would normally read in several months. I bought the 505, the 700 has even more features, though I won't be switching till my 505 gives up the ghost! (Lack of money.)

It's a totally different experience to reading on a laptop. Sometimes I forget I'm not reading a paperback and lift my hand to 'turn' the page. I highly recommend them, especially if you're a fan of public domain literature such as that found on Gutenberg. I haven't bought an ebook and have found lots of sites which give away free ones, and forums which tell you about them.

Saves house room too. :P
Farmyard_Agency

Post by Farmyard_Agency »

I have a hard time reading e-books because looking at a monitor for too long makes my eyes hurt. :(

I also am biased towards the physical feel and smell of a printed book in my hands while curled up on the couch. A computer, Kindle, laptop, or what have you will never be able to duplicate the feeling an actual book gives me.

Expanding my library is always a good thing, too.
aykoola

Post by aykoola »

We should ban e-books 8) :lol: :D
authorandrew

Post by authorandrew »

I think ebooks are amazing. And with Palm Pilots, smartphones, Kindles etc. you don't NEED a laptop for reading.

I have a Palm T|X and read more books on it than I do paper books.

Uriah
mysterytrain

Post by mysterytrain »

I'm not really a big fan of e-books myself. Nothing compares to actually holding the real thing (plus I'm very paranoid about getting bad eyesight from staring at a screen too much..)
jgand

Post by jgand »

E-books are great, but I still prefer the old fashion way.
vampire

Post by vampire »

I download ebooks.
I find it easier to find books online rather than look for them in bookstores.
I saw this book at a booksale, and i bought it.
it's a series of books, so when i was looking for the next books, i checked the net because i can't find the other books.
but still, it's more fun to read books the traditional way. :)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”