What are you reading now?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Syrcco44
Currently Reading: Scorpio Races By Stiefvater
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What are you reading now?

Post by Syrcco44 »

kellymom28 wrote:I'm about to finish up The Shack by William P. Young. It was recommended by several friends of mine so I decided to go ahead and read it so they would stop nagging me to do so :) It's turned out to be an interesting read... but I'm almost done! What should be next on my list?... What are you reading now? Would you recommend it?
I heard this was really really good. My friend got it for me for my birthday. My mom and sister are reading it now. My Mom said there was something vexing about the way Young writes... I don't know. What did you think?

Just finished Zorro by Isabel Allende. An excellent read. Allende is a very good writer, I must say. Of course I highly recommend this novel. :D

I started City of the Beasts, also by Allende, for a quick easy read. It's good so far. Have no idea where the adventure is going but it'll interesting, I am sure. 8)
xmasinthe70s

Post by xmasinthe70s »

Audacity of Hope, Moby Dick, Maureen McCormick autobiography
crispycrunch

Post by crispycrunch »

I Just Finished Jane Eyre byt Charlotte Bronte and i lovvved it. I completely expected it to be similar to the Jane Austen Novels (which i liked- but didnt love) but it was so much better. It has inspired me to take up reading other classics.

I am also reading The World Without Us- which is about what would happen to the earth should all humans suddenly vanish. Its slightly morbid at times so i have been having a hard time getting through it but it gives some great historical facts of previous civilizations and their part in shaping the planet.
webmagnate

Post by webmagnate »

Success: the Best of Napoleon Hill. 8)
couturefever

Post by couturefever »

mchelle wrote:i am not reading anything currently but I finally got a copy of the 5 people you meet in heaven, so as soon as I have a spare minute it is what i will read next! I have been waiting so long to read it!
you'll absolutely love it! I cannot imagine anyone that wouldn't be touched by that story.
couturefever

Post by couturefever »

The Spanish Bride (a novel of Catherine of Aragon) by Laurien Gardner

it's written very well. I enjoy the way that she writes. However, I'm not a big fan of how spineless Catherine is at times; I understand why she was, but I feel that Anne was more gutsy. However the book is great (so far) especially if you like Catherine!
kaitlinmariegill

Post by kaitlinmariegill »

I'm reading Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris. It the 4th book in her Sookie Stackhouse vampire series. So far I've been loving the books and would definitely recommend them. They're nothing like Twilight.
TheMckernan

Post by TheMckernan »

I am reading the following books "The Way of Kings" by Brandon Sanderson, "Skin Game" by Jim butcher (again), "The Wolf Gift" by Anne Rice, " "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho, and "The First King of Shannara" by Terry Brooks (again). I have been jumping back and forth from each book. Certain ones i read more at certain times of the day. For example, The Alchemist i normally read while laying in bed, The First King of Shannara i read while i have free time at my job. I alternate with the rest depending how caught up in the story i am. At the moment its The Way of Kings. I find it such an interesting world that Brandon has created. I am not sure i still understand the magic elements quite yet but still very interesting to me.
Amna Khalid
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amna-khalid.html
Latest Review: Duplicity by Fin C Gray

Post by Amna Khalid »

Currently, I am reading 'Think Like a Monk by Jay Shetty' and I'm enjoying it so far. I would recommend it if someone is interested in reading self-help books.
Amna Khalid
Tori_J
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tori-j.html
Latest Review: Aprende ABC con los animales de Puerto Rico by Yeseira Caro

Post by Tori_J »

I am currently reading Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas. It is a very interesting book. Great read, Nice story
Rosemary Owolabi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-owolabi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rosemary Owolabi »

Serendipity Mystery by R. F Kristi,, children's book.
If you are having a bad day, let people see that you are having a good day...Spread good vibes, people are going through a lot already. :tiphat:
Jolaade Idowu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deborah363.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Jolaade Idowu »

I am currently reading The Fox By M.N.J Butler.
Edgardo Buelva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edgardo-buelva.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Edgardo Buelva »

Am reading "Speedy Hurled Through Havoc" by Dave Letter fly Knoderer to eventually do a review for the book.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

I just finished who to you that you were naked and I am currently reading mixed blessings
Edgardo Buelva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edgardo-buelva.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Edgardo Buelva »

I am also reading Jeffrey Archer's, " First Among Equals." So far I enjoy being like an insider in the House Of Commons.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”