What are you reading now?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
kellymom28
Bookshelf Size: 0

What are you reading now?

Post by kellymom28 »

I'm about to finish up The Shack by William P. Young. It was recommended by several friends of mine so I decided to go ahead and read it so they would stop nagging me to do so :) It's turned out to be an interesting read... but I'm almost done! What should be next on my list?... What are you reading now? Would you recommend it?
mchelle

Post by mchelle »

i am not reading anything currently but I finally got a copy of the 5 people you meet in heaven, so as soon as I have a spare minute it is what i will read next! I have been waiting so long to read it!
Bailey.booklover

Post by Bailey.booklover »

I'm reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. I love it! It's considered a mystery, but was published around 1850 - and feels more like a classic. It's like reading an Austen novel with a darker side. I'm glad it's long (600 pages) - cause I'm gonna be disappointed when it's done.
blondey44

Post by blondey44 »

Currently TRYING to read "P.S Ich Liebe Dich" , which is "P.S I Love You", but in German.. it´s hard... I really just want to get the Engish version, enjoy it and then see the film as well! MUST keep going....
jtothero

Post by jtothero »

Bailey.booklover wrote:I'm reading The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. I love it! It's considered a mystery, but was published around 1850 - and feels more like a classic. It's like reading an Austen novel with a darker side. I'm glad it's long (600 pages) - cause I'm gonna be disappointed when it's done.
I read The Woman in White a few years ago and thought it was great. The story is long, but so worth it in the end. The villains were my favorite part. Perfect example of a Victorian novel.
ladysdsandiego

Post by ladysdsandiego »

im reading time enough for drums by ann rinaldi
Kate xxx

Post by Kate xxx »

I just finished the twilight series by stephanie meyer which i would really recommend.
futureperfect

Post by futureperfect »

I'm currently reading neverwhere by neil gaiman
One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret
andr70

Post by andr70 »

I like to read historical and political books. And fantasy too
anaonthenet

Post by anaonthenet »

I'm reading A Carrion Death by Michael Stanley, a thriller set in Botswana and a really good read.
Topik

Post by Topik »

I've just finished Memoirs of an Invisible Man last night(great book btw). And now I'm deciding on which book to start next.

A Canticle for Leibowitz

The Gunslinger by Stephen King

or

Catch 22

pick one for me =)
Wisnoodles

Post by Wisnoodles »

First King of Shannara by Terry Brooks

Trying to read entire Shannara series in order
started with:
Word/Void series and just finished the Genesis series.
aykoola

Post by aykoola »

Mia Couto - The Last Flight Of The Flamingo

A book from a Mozambican author about the post-war period in his country...just started reading it. I like African literature otherwise. I'm reading it in Slovene language.

Sry for my english - not a native speaker:D
jtothero

Post by jtothero »

aykoola wrote:Mia Couto - The Last Flight Of The Flamingo

A book from a Mozambican author about the post-war period in his country...just started reading it. I like African literature otherwise. I'm reading it in Slovene language.

Sry for my english - not a native speaker:D
You speak it well, actually.
nuvae

Post by nuvae »

Lions of Autumn-

A new book out at amazon and barnes and noble. It kinda reminds me of Twilight in some ways. I'd say it's more grown up and less romantically angsty. It combines vampires and reincarnation in a way I've never seen before. Makes for an interesting read. It came out a few weeks ago, so I just finished it. There's a second one, so I'm already tapping my foot waiting for it. This appears to be their first novel. Not too shabby for a first. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. Check it out.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”