What is one book you have read more than once and wish to read this year? and Why.

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Linus admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linus-admin.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

What is one book you have read more than once and wish to read this year? and Why.

Post by Linus admin »

What is the one book you have read more than once and you wish , if time allows, to read it again this year?
Mine is Pride and prejudice by Jane Austin. I would also wish to read the play Hamlet by Shakespeare again. The reason is I learn quit a lot from both of those books and the plots are incredible.
What's yours?
Edgardo Buelva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edgardo-buelva.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Edgardo Buelva »

Ralph Waldo Emerson's book on Transcedentalism.
Edgardo Buelva
Currently Reading:

Post by Edgardo Buelva »

The Crack In The Cosmic Egg by Chilton Pierce is also one of them. It blows the mind.
Linus admin
Currently Reading:

Post by Linus admin »

Edgardo Buelva wrote: 09 Jan 2022, 02:14 Ralph Waldo Emerson's book on Transcedentalism.
I have read his essays ,but I am yet to read that book. Why do you like it that much ?
Edgardo Buelva
Currently Reading:

Post by Edgardo Buelva »

"In humility is the greatest freedom," from RWE's book on transcedentalism took sometime for me to understand. That maybe because I was a lot younger when I've read it but having read it recently and realizing its true import I realize how far deeply is the wisdom in the things he wrote. He is like a fire that warms, synge, or burn--just like he said, "It's the fire that counts."
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

I love Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling and i will read it again
Owuamanam Eberechukwu
Currently Reading: All will be revealed
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-owuamanam-eberechukwu.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Owuamanam Eberechukwu »

Linus admin wrote: 05 Jan 2022, 14:09 What is the one book you have read more than once and you wish , if time allows, to read it again this year?
Mine is Pride and prejudice by Jane Austin. I would also wish to read the play Hamlet by Shakespeare again. The reason is I learn quit a lot from both of those books and the plots are incredible.
What's yours?
Joys of motherhood by Buchi Emecheta. I fancy the book. It’s fabulous
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Linus admin
Currently Reading:

Post by Linus admin »

Great book. Its highly sarcastic is it not ? (I mean the tittle) The setting much nearer those of Things Fall Apart, another book that I should probably read again this year.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu

Linus admin wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 07:54 Great book. Its highly sarcastic is it not ? (I mean the tittle) The setting much nearer those of Things Fall Apart, another book that I should probably read again this year.
Exactly, the titling is extraordinary. Nkems motherhood is something else. It’s so fine. Yea the setting is closer to Things fall apart. However, between the two, which one would you rate higher?
And I heard Buchi Emechetas memoir was published some weeks ago
"I am learning every day to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me."
Tracee Ellis Ross
Linus admin
Currently Reading:

Post by Linus admin »

I would hate to choose. Buchi Emechetas book is quite sociologicaly useful (even today this is happening ). Nnu Ego and Okwonko are two people who are caught at the crossroad and trying "to play according to the new rules". I love both books, although, I have always wondered why Things Fall Apart never won a Nobel prize for literature.

Memoir? I can't wait to read it, with her courage (the element most needed in writing of a good memoir) it should be a worthy read.
Owuamanam Eberechukwu

Linus admin wrote: 13 Jan 2022, 09:04 I would hate to choose. Buchi Emechetas book is quite sociologicaly useful (even today this is happening ). Nnu Ego and Okwonko are two people who are caught at the crossroad and trying "to play according to the new rules". I love both books, although, I have always wondered why Things Fall Apart never won a Nobel prize for literature.

Memoir? I can't wait to read it, with her courage (the element most needed in writing of a good memoir) it should be a worthy read.
Beautiful perspective. However, I feel Emechetas story shared the woes African women has to face and the hard effects of the World war. For Achebe’s Ikemefuna, I think the book is more historical. It shared the key details of Okonkwo’s society. It is a summary of the culture, lifestyle and way of life of a native. I think both are powerful. The death of Ikemefuna was one of the terrors I faced in the book. I even dreamt about it. :lol: :lol2:
Tracee Ellis Ross

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”