Last fictional character you fell in love with?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
m_magers
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-magers.html

Last fictional character you fell in love with?

Post by m_magers »

This can be totally platonic by the way, I'm talking about the characters that change your mind about things, they change your heart and then, they even change you. They change your life. (be sure to include the book title too!).

XX
tristinrose
Currently Reading: When You Were Here
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tristinrose.html

Post by tristinrose »

The last book that I fell in love with a character was the extremely wise and wonderful old man.
It was Morrie Schwartz, who happens to be an actual person.

The book was Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, it is pretty life changing. If you have not read it I HIGHLY recommend you try to get your hands on a copy of it.
Sunjay
Favorite Author: steinbeck
Favorite Book: All of them
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunjay.html
fav_author_id: 9851

Post by Sunjay »

I never fell in love with a character until last August with Rochester fro mJane Erye. His completely a gentlemen and beautiful. I had read other books from then until know and i aslo like this other character Macon from Beautiful Creatures. His unique and special. His different sadly i finished the series and i do not like re-reading .
"Our love broke my heart, and stopped yours." Lemony Snicket
RussetDivinity
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-russetdivinity.html
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen

Post by RussetDivinity »

I almost constantly fall in love with characters, from Faramir in The Lord of the Rings to Tom in East of Eden. The most recent one would likely be Trevor Pell from Thieftaker.
Latest Review: "Heart of Flint" by Scott Stricklen
DarkTrick
Favorite Author: Maria V. Snyder
Favorite Book: I am The Great Horse
Currently Reading: Allies and Assassins
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darktrick.html

Post by DarkTrick »

Probably Zane from Cut & Run, and a long time love of mine has been Janco in Poison Study.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Is the super hootie and perfect guy who features in the current book I'm reading. Why is always that the guys in the books are so perfect, when reality is far away from it?
Embracing_Madness
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-embracing-madness.html

Post by Embracing_Madness »

I adore Asher from the Anita Blake series, even though I'm now quite disenchanted with the plot.
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

A lots of the characters in books become favorites while reading. I think it's more rare when you think of a character long after the book has been read and then shelved. That said I had quite a few characters from the Game of Thrones series I just finished the latest part of.
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
lnygaard
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lnygaard.html
Latest Review: "SCRUMstudy-SBOK-Guide-2013" by Scrumstudy

Post by lnygaard »

I just read the Heaven Tree by Edith Pargeter in June and I fell in love with Harry Talvace. The perfect man with human imperfections. I loved every moment of that book and have thought of Harry a lot since.

I adore those characters who are so memorable that you want to keep a copy of that book in your pocket. Its like carrying their soul and it guards against the mundane. Yeah, okay I need to go to bed and get some proper sleep.
Latest Review: "SCRUMstudy-SBOK-Guide-2013" by Scrumstudy
ggoldbear

Post by ggoldbear »

Hm, I want to say the last character I really fell in love with was James Halliday from Earnest Cline's Ready Player One. I loved his character and who he was in the story and for some reason I can't pinpoint why. He was a very socially inept person and avoided people like the plague, but as you learn more about him throughout the story I enjoyed him more and more and was left heartbroken at the end.

I happened to borrow this book from a friend and am totally down with buying my own copy just so I can be able to read it as many times as I want.
Eve-Olsen2005
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eve-olsen2005.html

Post by Eve-Olsen2005 »

Knot is a psi-mute and min-mute from Enclave MM58 on the planet Nelson. His psi talent is to make you forget him. He could give you the best night of your life, but in the morning you wouldn't remember him, even if he remained in your arms. His physical mutation is a minor one: the left side of his body is larger than his right. He could easily pass for a normal if under the right circumstances. But all in all, he is a good man. He can't help that people forget him, and although it works to his advantage in being a spy for the CC, he could use a lover that's not afraid of a little short term memory lapse ;) MUTE by Piers Anthony
AmandaLMcCormick
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amandalmccormick.html

Post by AmandaLMcCormick »

Morpheus from the Splintered series.
I'm a sucker for a man in a tophat.
latest

Post by latest »

I see your is very good ?
CloudedRune
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cloudedrune.html
Latest Review: "Why is the moon following us?" by María Escobedo Cubas

Post by CloudedRune »

Hmm, most recently it would be Lisa Mishima from the anime series 'Terror in Tokyo'. Lydia Carlton from 'The Earl and The Fairy' before her, though it was quite a while ago that I started that series and just ended up absolutely loving her character.

I'll also always have a special place in my heart for Nolita from the Dragon Orb series.
Latest Review: "Why is the moon following us?" by María Escobedo Cubas
booklovingolfer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklovingolfer.html

Post by booklovingolfer »

My perfect fictional man would be Nick Cappuano of Marie Force's Fatal Series. He sounds so sexy and seems like a genuine nice guy.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”