Last fictional character you fell in love with?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
bookomania
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookomania.html

Re: Last fictional character you fell in love with?

Post by bookomania »

Oliver stone from the camel club book series by David Baldacci. I like his "badass" style.
jlindquist
Currently Reading: Golden Son
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlindquist.html

Post by jlindquist »

Sandman Slim (James)

I love this character. He is literally a born between heaven and earth just to make his home in hell and have to fight his way out of it. Also one of the few characters that has similar to wolverine healing powers without the make-up and drama.
Mimi_styles

Post by Mimi_styles »

Jace Lightwood and his aweome sarcasm :D
kstanley1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kstanley1.html

Post by kstanley1 »

Historical fiction is probably one of my favorite genres and I just recently finished the Tudor Conspiracy, picked it up from BAM on the sale table, and I loved the main character of Brendan Prescott. The loyalty he shows to Elizabeth and his "family" is incredible.
voldemort
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-voldemort.html

Post by voldemort »

Mine was probably Daemon Black from the Lux series
Courtney Whittamore
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-courtney-whittamore.html
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick

Post by Courtney Whittamore »

I felt a little creepy about it, but I absolutely fell in love with the character Day in the Legend series by Marie Lu. I simply had to imagine that he was older and it made myself feel a little bit better about the whole thing. Just his inherent nobility and the drive to always do right is something that I connected with and yearned to see more in our society today. He braved everything and in doing so he lost everything. He was the hero that wished he wasn't, but had to be simply because it seemed to be coded into his DNA. He wasn't the hero that flaunted his spoils, but only wished that he could continue to do more. It was a beautiful representation of what we should idolize as an actual role model instead of what our society insists on settling for.
Latest Review: "The Farewell Season" by Ann Herrick
JonathanFavorsGrimes
Currently Reading: Shakespares Classics
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonathanfavorsgrimes.html

Post by JonathanFavorsGrimes »

One of the biggest fictional character's that comes to mind is Lemony Snicket. There's always a mystery to the author's writing. I love how Daniel Handler makes you think he's a real person and include pictures of what we "think Lemony Snicket looks like". I remember meeting that Daniel last year. And when upon asked, "Where is Lemony Snicket?" his response was I'm his personal agent who usually makes some of his meetings. I even have an autograph copy of his books. Signed by "hint hint" his agent Mr. Daniel Handler.
InkyReader
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inkyreader.html

Post by InkyReader »

Lad, from Lad of Sunnybank. There's just something about that gorgeous collie that pulls at my heart. :)
Livi-C
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livi-c.html

Post by Livi-C »

From the treatment i fell in love with Realm. Im sure that most people hated him, but I was pulled to him.
kaleykutie123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaleykutie123.html

Post by kaleykutie123 »

The last fictional character that I fell in love with would be Augustus Waters from "The Fault In Our Stars." To some people he seems somewhat snobbish and full of himself, but I think he was so romantic on the way he treated Hazel Grace, and he was also quite mature, which brought up a lot of questions about pain and misery.
LJacobs626

Post by LJacobs626 »

Hard to say because each one of J.R.Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood Men, I have fell in love with while reading their books, but Zhadist would have to be my favorite!!!
rida
Favorite Author: A lot
Favorite Book: More than favorite authors
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rida.html
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy

Post by rida »

Don Tillman in Rosie Project. He is such a well defined character that make you laugh and realize the bitter truths of life same time
Read, read & eat then read some more
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy
Naijasia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naijasia.html

Post by Naijasia »

Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars. I am such a teenager for posting this but it is so true!
Aithne
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aithne.html
Latest Review: "Chains of Mist" by T.C. Metivier

Post by Aithne »

August Anderson from Covert Affairs if we are including fictional TV characters :).
If not, that's a tougher ask. It has been a long while since I've truly fell in love with a fictional book character. I can't actually remember the last one's name.
Latest Review: "Chains of Mist" by T.C. Metivier
Veraccolacci
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: The Alchemist
Currently Reading: The Mortal Instruments
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by Veraccolacci »

This is a big problem for me... I'm always falling in love with fictional characters. :(

The last one: Is not that I just fell in love with him... I was already in love with him since its a character from a saga, but this book just made me realize how much I was in love with him. :P

And I guess many would agree with me ... Just because, Prince Maxon from "The Selection" Saga by Kiera Cass, is just the most perfect prince everyone would love to have in their life. (I read for last: "The One" that its number 3 of the saga)

He is truly a romantic and I'm pretty sure I bothered my boyfriend about being like him. :roll:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”