Are you a book sniffer?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Curtis Jefferson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
2024 Reading Goal: 104
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Are you a book sniffer?

Post by Curtis Jefferson »

I don't set out to, but I definitely notice the smell when I open a book. And it's a good smell, usually...
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: The Anti-Semite Next Door by Mark M. Bello

Post by Alissa Nesson »

Yes, I am a self professed book sniffer. While new books have their fragrance, and while it’s a nice papery smell
in nature, it still doesn’t quite reach the level of the vintage smell. Old books smell even stronger and we smell them with possible intent to spend move time in their company. The very old paper smell is something that brings more old generations together, even if our respective generations don’t necessarily get things in the same manner. Is it their fault if they can’t remember this soothing a book smell? Everyone should enjoy where they can and then get together and talk with those who understand you as a person.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”