How many unread books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
lizj97
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizj97.html

Re: How many unread books do you own?

Post by lizj97 »

I don't own any books that I have not read. When I buy a book I usually buy two or three at a time and then I take them home and devour them for dinner. It usually takes me no longer than a week to get through the books and then I go back for more.
puffy_ernie

Post by puffy_ernie »

I probably only have 6 unread book on my shelf out of probably over a hundred between my book shelf and my e-reader
Kershhie
Favorite Author: Alexandra Bracken
Favorite Book: The darkest Minds
Currently Reading: In the Afterlight and King Hall
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kershhie.html
fav_author_id: 763

Post by Kershhie »

I own so many unread books that I would never dare to count.
I find that I'll find one book that I absolutely need to read in that moment then I'll get around to reading it and find that I just can't. I do try and push myself through those moments though and so far I'm doing wonderfully.
But I curse whoever keeps writing new and intriguing books because they are the people that put me off my A-game.
At the same time, I love you and never stop writing otherwise I may have to force you.. At gun point. (Major joke. I'm English, me and my fellow people are so sarcastic it's not even funny. Please don't be offended or I may cry :shock: )
bluestarbrite

Post by bluestarbrite »

I thought I had a lot of books that I hadn't read yet, but reading some of the earlier posts, realize I'm doing pretty good compared to others! lol. I probably have about 50 books bought but not read. I went through a period where I couldn't step into a book store without buying at least one (or more) books. I haven't been to one in awhile, so it tapered off a bit.
cmp librarian
Favorite Author: Karren Hancock
Favorite Book: The Bible
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cmp-librarian.html
Latest Review: "My Beautiful Life" by Susie Barry

Post by cmp librarian »

I currently have 8 books on my shelf that I own but haven't read. I bought most of them for a trip I recently took overseas, however I did not get the time I thought I was going to have to read them. To busy sightseeing and doing other things. My personal goal is to have all 8 read by the end of February 2015. But with all the other books that keep getting added to my "to read" list, we shall see if that happens.
Latest Review: "My Beautiful Life" by Susie Barry
unicorny07
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicorny07.html

Post by unicorny07 »

Way too many. I tend to keep buying books before I can even finish the ones I have. Sometimes I even get very into some of the newer books and then never read some of the older books. I almost don't want to even know the number of unread books that I have.
L25

Post by L25 »

haha i have got alot. few as hard/paper cover books. many in my laptop as epub or pdf files. wish i had more time to read.
kybunnies
Favorite Author: Richard Adams
Favorite Book: Watership Down
Currently Reading: Eyewitness
Bookshelf Size: 3958
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kybunnies.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 4206

Post by kybunnies »

I have 2-3 thousand print books. But I have over 20 thousand digital. I only now buy a print book if it is my favorite author. But I have several print books given to me or I have won. I keep them up or my bunnies will eat all my print books. For some strange reason they prefer the spine on print books.
meghannnelson13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghannnelson13.html

Post by meghannnelson13 »

I have quite a few that I haven't read only because if I see books at a good price, I just have to take them home with me! My bookshelves have run out of space and now there are books piling up everywhere. Books to me are like orphans and I have to take them home and love them. (:
unicorny07
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicorny07.html

Post by unicorny07 »

kybunnies wrote:I have 2-3 thousand print books. But I have over 20 thousand digital. I only now buy a print book if it is my favorite author. But I have several print books given to me or I have won. I keep them up or my bunnies will eat all my print books. For some strange reason they prefer the spine on print books.

I think you should see if there's a Guinness record for that. That sounds like an amazing collection!!
vadadagon
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: Emma
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vadadagon.html
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by vadadagon »

Hmmm... Hold on I'll be right back.... (five minutes later) 389 books that I own and that I haven't read.

In my defense about 200+ belong to my wife (who has read them). Some I'll never read (like Twilight - tried couldn't) and some I might get to (City of Bones).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

Mrs. Bennet
obiebookworm
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Picture of Dorian Gray
Currently Reading: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obiebookworm.html
Latest Review: "The Little Ladybug" by Amelia May
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by obiebookworm »

Gosh! That's a good question!
I do know that I have a good handful of books that I have yet to read. I also have a bunch that I have read. It's very possible that it's a half and half situation.
Obiebookworm
Latest Review: "The Little Ladybug" by Amelia May
tigermyst99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tigermyst99.html

Post by tigermyst99 »

I own a lot of ebooks that I haven't read, like probably in the thousands. I inherited a disc of .pdf books from a friend when their computer died that I have still been sorting through. I have kind of gotten lost with the Kindle Unlimited program. I am considering spending two weeks at least to bring my goodread's book list up to date to keep up with which books I have read, started and didn't like, and haven't got to yet. It makes me crazy to open a new book and then realize that I read it or didn't like it enough to finish the book.
Skillian
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skillian.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough

Post by Skillian »

This forum topic made me spit up a small amount of tea. Too funny and so true. I have to have hundreds. I am always picking up books everywhere I go, and if an interesting book is on sale it isn't even an option to walk away. When I plan on going to a book store I literally leave my purse at home and only bring an allowance of cash. If I don't it just... its just bad. haha. I'm in school right now, and my husband is constantly catching me 'cheating' on my textbooks.. because it pains me to see the lack of progress I've made on my unread bookshelf. I mean if I don't get to it they are just going to take over!
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
SteveH

Post by SteveH »

Dunno, but too many. I always buy books with the intention of reading them, but buy them faster than I can read them. Of course, there are some that aren't intended to be read straight through from start to finish, e.g. reference books and poetry collections.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”