How many unread books do you own?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Abbydan14
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbydan14.html

How many unread books do you own?

Post by Abbydan14 »

How many book do you have on your shelf that you just had to buy but still haven't gotten around to reading? I know my number is high, but come on! Can you blame me? Books are just so pretty...and addicting.
hephaestion
Favorite Author: Virginia Woolf
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: Giovannis Room
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hephaestion.html
fav_author_id: 2470

Post by hephaestion »

Oh definitely more than a hundred. I always pick up about 50 books at the annual book sale in my town, most of which I haven't read yet.
Ryan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ryan.html

Post by Ryan »

Too many. Far too many. It makes me sad, but I just can't stop myself from buying new books. I have a problem. But I know I'll read them eventually, so I just keep them and pick one at random when I get the time. It's very fun! :)

-- 14 Oct 2014, 02:07 --

I have stopped buying books recently, though. I'm running out of space :(
"Reason is intelligence taking exercise. Imagination is intelligence with an erection" -- Victor Hugo.
Ravenmount
Favorite Author: Ray Bradbury
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 16854">The Glass Bead Game</a>
Currently Reading: Fear
Bookshelf Size: 2228
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravenmount.html
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
fav_author_id: 2498

Post by Ravenmount »

About 600 or more? I haven't counted in a while, but I did get rid of a bunchof books when I moved in April, so less than 1000 for sure. I prefer to have a decent library of options at home so I don't have to go to the library or buy more books to keep from running out of unread books to read. I'll read 'em all eventually.
Latest Review: "The Christ Killer" by Robert Attenborough
cyndiha11
Currently Reading: The Banned Book about Love
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyndiha11.html
Latest Review: "Empty Shell" by Ashley Fontainne

Post by cyndiha11 »

I missed our annual book fair where I live, so right now I only have a few books that are unread. I'm a little disappointed that I don't have boxes full of unread books laying around the house, but I guess that's a good thing too - maybe i'll actually get some other stuff done this winter :)
“I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you are not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again.” F. Scott Fitzgerald
Latest Review: "Empty Shell" by Ashley Fontainne
Bonnie
Favorite Author: Kelley Armstrong
Favorite Book: The Witching Hour - Anne Rice
Currently Reading: Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn
fav_author_id: 3117

Post by Bonnie »

A little over 300. I buy mostly used books, which means I have to go for it when their in stock. And it's good to know, that in case I'm snowed in for two years, I still have plenty to read.
knighthkm
Favorite Author: Too many
Favorite Book: Also too many
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-knighthkm.html
Latest Review: "The Big Cats" by Enid Joyce

Post by knighthkm »

I've got to own at least 30 I haven't read. I buy way too many books at a time.
Latest Review: "The Big Cats" by Enid Joyce
hamernik001
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hamernik001.html

Post by hamernik001 »

I own less than ten books I haven't read. It is nice to have a small supply to choose from if I need something new to read, but I also love the idea of having read every book in my personal library.
Airam Velarde
Favorite Author: Anne Rice
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2828">The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes</a>
Currently Reading: Complete Tales and Poems
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-airam-velarde.html
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
fav_author_id: 2444

Post by Airam Velarde »

Many, many! A lot of the books I own are still unread. I buy way too many of them and I can't seem to be able to catch up yet. The good thing is that I will never run out of books to read, I'll always have something available.
"A man is not idle because he is absorbed in thought. There is a visible labor and there is an invisible labor."

~Victor Hugo
Latest Review: "Deadly Secrets" by Robert Boris Riskin
rd7ht
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rd7ht.html

Post by rd7ht »

I couldn't tell you, I can safely say most of the ones I consider unread are instructional/reference books. I have used them just not cover to cover.
craftshley
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-craftshley.html
Latest Review: "Shoulda Woulda Coulda" by Chris Johnston

Post by craftshley »

I probably have at least fifty books I haven't read, more if you include ebooks. I pick up books I think are interesting and then don't have time to read them. I've stopped myself from doing this due to a lack of funds so I'll eventually catch up on my reading. Someday.
Latest Review: "Shoulda Woulda Coulda" by Chris Johnston
britt1125
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt1125.html
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis

Post by britt1125 »

I have a lot of ebooks and sad to say that i haven't read even half of them. but people keep giving them to me or i keep getting them and i intend on reading them but they've just gotten a head of me.
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis
mellysw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellysw.html

Post by mellysw »

Waaaaay too many. Right now on my too read nook shelf I have...*counts*....422 books. *sigh*

And that's not counting my actual physical books! I have about 1200 physical books, and I would estimate about 400 or so of them are unread. That being said I collect textbooks and cookbooks and have quite a few reference books and I am including those in my 400.

I say it is way too many, but I don't mind it. If I ever found myself without a book to read I think my life would end. I keep books in my home, at work, at book-less friends houses, in my car, everywhere really.
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

I am waiting for The Twilight Zone episode Time Enough At Last to happen so I can have enough time to get all of those unread ones finally completed. (Spoiler alert: If you haven't seen this episode, stop reading here and go watch it!) I would only just take much better care of my glasses than the main character did. ;)
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Anna-Violet_95

Post by Anna-Violet_95 »

rd7ht wrote:I couldn't tell you, I can safely say most of the ones I consider unread are instructional/reference books. I have used them just not cover to cover.
Excuse me, but what did you mean with "just not cover to cover"? :)

-- 15 Oct 2014, 03:30 --
hamernik001 wrote:I own less than ten books I haven't read. It is nice to have a small supply to choose from if I need something new to read, but I also love the idea of having read every book in my personal library.
I agree with the idea of a personal library *.* but, at least, my sister owns a personal collection of books which could be interesting for me ^^ And also for this, I owns a few books to read yet.

-- 15 Oct 2014, 03:35 --
britt1125 wrote:I have a lot of ebooks and sad to say that i haven't read even half of them. but people keep giving them to me or i keep getting them and i intend on reading them but they've just gotten a head of me.
Sorry, but what did you mean with "they've just gotten a head of me"? I'm learning :)

-- 15 Oct 2014, 03:46 --
mellysw wrote:Waaaaay too many. Right now on my too read nook shelf I have...*counts*....422 books. *sigh*

And that's not counting my actual physical books! I have about 1200 physical books, and I would estimate about 400 or so of them are unread. That being said I collect textbooks and cookbooks and have quite a few reference books and I am including those in my 400.

I say it is way too many, but I don't mind it. If I ever found myself without a book to read I think my life would end. I keep books in my home, at work, at book-less friends houses, in my car, everywhere really.
Hi :) can you tell me in other words what did you mean with "I say it is way too many" and "book-less (maybe a little number of books?)". Thank you

-- 15 Oct 2014, 03:50 --
rssllue wrote:I am waiting for The Twilight Zone episode Time Enough At Last to happen so I can have enough time to get all of those unread ones finally completed. (Spoiler alert: If you haven't seen this episode, stop reading here and go watch it!) I would only just take much better care of my glasses than the main character did. ;)
Hi ^^ I'm curious to know the meaning of "occupare fati suffocavit" :)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”