Do you find comfort being in a bookstore?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
lovelyreader21
Favorite Author: Too many
Favorite Book: Speak
Currently Reading: This Song Will Save Your Life
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovelyreader21.html

Re: Do you find comfort being in a bookstore?

Post by lovelyreader21 »

I most certainly do. I often feel sad when I leave the bookstore near me, Books-A-Million, just because I love being inside it so much. Having all these books near you, discovering new ones, re-finding beloved ones, being surrounded by others who love them as much as you...it's absolutely wonderful. It makes me feel completely at home.
“All I insist on, and nothing else, is that you should show the whole world that you are not afraid. Be silent, if you choose; but when it is necessary, speak – and speak in such a way that people will remember it.”
-Mozart
Book Worm 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-worm-5.html

Post by Book Worm 5 »

My thoughts exactly! :D
cfuller
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cfuller.html
Reading Device: B00QA0TPPK

Post by cfuller »

A bookstore or library are both so calming. I love sitting in a nice sunny spot at the library and starting a good book.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

Oh yes! I can spend hours in a book store. There is just something so calming about being among all those books! :)
Readwith_royella
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readwith-royella.html

Post by Readwith_royella »

The book store is like my second home! If I'm not home I'm usually at the books store ! Haha
svc137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-svc137.html

Post by svc137 »

I love being in a bookstore! I always get a cozy feeling from the dim lights and scent of books. :)
aspen_janine
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aspen-janine.html

Post by aspen_janine »

Even though i'm a Kindle convert (it saves me carrying 2 heavy books in my bad, just in case i finish the first!) i still find comfort around actual books. I love bookstores with a coffee shop so i have an excuse to linger even longer!
booksboomer

Post by booksboomer »

There is nothing better then being in a bookstore. Each book holds a whole new experience, and possibly a new way of thinking. Personally I find more confort in the stores that have personality, not like Barns and Noble who just bring in books that are popular that week. If you find a book in a locally owned Store then you know that the book must be amazing.
robind13
Currently Reading: The Lullaby Sky
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robind13.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey

Post by robind13 »

I love the smell of being in a book store, but I find the most comfort being in a privately owed book store rather than a chain book store, but I'm not sure why.
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
lizj97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizj97.html

Post by lizj97 »

I am very comfortable in a bookstore. I love to look over the new titles and then I head to my favorite sections. That changes with my mood so sometimes it's romance, other times it's religion and still other times it's science or science fiction. I don't really have a genre I don't like.
Kershhie
Favorite Author: Alexandra Bracken
Favorite Book: The darkest Minds
Currently Reading: In the Afterlight and King Hall
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kershhie.html
fav_author_id: 763

Post by Kershhie »

I definitely do NOT feel comfort in a bookstore.
I feel lust, passion and excitement towards my paper-mates.
There is literally no-where I'd rather be than in a bookstore and if that makes me sound like a total dork or a bookworm then who cares?!?
The thing is, I don't have the best life at home, so reading is my get-away and a bookstore is the window to my soul.
Packed full of many, many stories that I can escape into and fill myself with happiness.
In conclusion, I do not find comfort in a bookstore because the butterflies attacked by hurricanes in my stomach won't allow me as I jump for Jupiter around the store and people avoid me like a plague. :twisted:
flabelle2014
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flabelle2014.html
Latest Review: Brutal Valour: The Tragedy of Isandlwana by James Mace

Post by flabelle2014 »

Yes, absolutely bookstores are one of my favorite places to be, to look around, to search for a book of course and also to get lost in.
I enjoy going from aisle to aisle and looking at titles, picking up a book to have a quick look and putting it back in place or maybe buy it.
Bookstores and libraries have been part of my life for a long time. During my high school years, I would usually go to the library every two days at least to do research, read or just browse. This continued on in college and later university. Today I rarely go to bookstores because I do not have that much money to spend but I still borrow books from my neighbourhood library on a regular basis. A good read is a must but it is difficult to do when the person you are living with (like I am at the present time) does not read and does not like to see me read because it takes away attention from him. Nevertheless, I still try to read regularly anything from one to two books every two to three weeks.
Librarygeek1980
Favorite Author: Joselle Vanderhooft
Favorite Book: do I have to pick just one
Currently Reading: Midnight Crossroad Charlaine Harris
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-librarygeek1980.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Librarygeek1980 »

Yes I find it very comforting, I can spend tons of time and money there... :)
chouk1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chouk1902.html

Post by chouk1902 »

I love bookstores, they have an amazing atmosphere to them, so quiet and peaceful. The only problem is that I always leave sad or indecisive because i could either not by the book or bought a different book.
tamara_mc41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamara-mc41.html

Post by tamara_mc41 »

I love bookstores. I am not able to spend nearly enough time in them.
I definitely prefer older book stores to newer ones though.Barns and noble or borders is good and all, but there is some thing I find more exciting, when I find a amazing book at a used book store or antique book shop.
-T.M.C.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”