You're invited to be a VIP!

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Scott
Site Admin
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 340
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 960
fav_author_id: 248825

Icon You're invited to be a VIP!

Post by Scott »

RE: In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Most companies, publishers, authors, and creators release their books and other products at their highest price and then reduce it later.

If you buy a new PlayStation or iPhone the day it comes out, you are likely to pay more than if you just a wait a little bit to buy the same exact thing at a lower price just by waiting.

I do the opposite.

The way I see it is this: my most loyal and closest fans, friends, family, etc. are the ones who buy my book first.

I am not going to penalize my most loyal fans and friends while rewarding those who sit on the sidelines.

I am going to release my hardcover at only $25.99 for the first few weeks. I'd price it even lower but the printers and distributors literally won't let me because my royalty would go into negative numbers.

This is for a limited time premium "first edition" which will be specially marked under the book jacket as a "limited first edition".

Normally, you would expect to pay more for a special collectible premium limited edition. But again the way I see it is my most loyal and closest fans, friends, family, etc. are going to be the ones who buy that limited first edition. I want them to get the VIP edition, and pay less for it than others pay for the regular mass market edition.

The ones who are eagerly waiting for this book and will buy it the day it comes out: They are the ones to whom I want to charge the least and give the most.

In a few weeks, the cost of the hardcover will go up significantly.

Likewise, I have decided to price my book on Kindle and via other ebook retailers at only $2.99 for the first 5 days (October 1st-5th). On the 6th of October, I will log into the related accounts myself and increase the price from $2.99 to the originally planned $4.99.

FRIENDS, please mark your calendars. That is not a turn of phrase. I mean it literally: Please take a second right now to put it in your calendar: My new book releases this Saturday (October 1st).

Do us a both favor, and buy it that day.

I recommend you buy both a hardcover copy and an ebook version, so you can read the ebook version and keep the hardcover in mint condition. But the choice is yours.

There's going to be many other rewards exclusively for those who buy my book right away after it comes out this Saturday. I've been doing this a long time. This is my 5th book. I know how to specifically reward those who support me most by buying my book right away. ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you buy the book right away you will be one my VIPs from now on in more ways than one.

Mark your calendar.

---
View In It Together on Bookshelves | View In It Together on Barnes and Noble
"That virtue we appreciate is as much ours as another's. We see so much only as we possess." - Henry David Thoreau

"Non ignara mali miseris succurrere disco." Virgil, The Aeneid
Nicholet Haumann
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 420
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicholet-haumann.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Nicholet Haumann »

I'm marking my calender for my digital copy. I'm in South Africa
Brandy Reed 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Brandy Reed 2 »

Calendar Marked! I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

I like how you do business Scott and how you keep your mind on your supporters!
Mbuotidem52
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbuotidem52.html
Latest Review: Breaking the Mold by Fabian Videla

Post by Mbuotidem52 »

I'm looking to get your book. I've marked my calendar already ๐Ÿ˜‰
Vyoma Kothari Arunprakash
Currently Reading: Beyond the Golden Door
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vyoma-kothari-arunprakash.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Vyoma Kothari Arunprakash »

Looking forward to my digital copy!
Edith Njomo
Currently Reading: Kiss of Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edith-njomo.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Edith Njomo »

I can't thank you enough Scott because of the great consideration to your supporters and fans, thanks again. Already marked the calendar
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 743
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I have ordered my copy. I am anxious for it to arrive. Thank you @Scott Hughes .
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org

Return to โ€œGeneral Book & Reading Discussionโ€