Do you like to share the book you read?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Do you like or feel the need to share the books you read? And why..

Yes i always do
25%
Yes sometimes i do it
50%
I only di it few times
No votes
No i don’t do it, i keep it for me :)
25%

Total votes: 4

Thommy23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Do you like to share the book you read?

Post by Thommy23 »

Hi everyone,

I have a question which i m wondering from quite long time, and then i say why not to ask to this great OBC community!

I see many person really love to share what they read and others that doesnt at all. I find my self somehow in the middle, but what about you?

If you want feel free to motivate your answer , it would be great to start a discussion with you :)
Lizzie Mustard
Favorite Book: The Moonstone
Currently Reading: Lessons in Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-mustard.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Lizzie Mustard »

I'm not sure from your question whether you mean do I like to share the physical copy of a book, or share a recommendation of a book I've read. So I'll answer both questions. I tend not to share a physical copy as so much of what I read is now digital, so there is no copy to lend. Also the local library is always a good place to get a copy of popular books. However, I love to share recommendations about books I've read with my friends.
McAlpine
Currently Reading: The IHOP Papers
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by McAlpine »

Yes, I love to share the books that I love to read with my friends! I think that it is a good idea to share my favorite books. I love to share the favorite books of others, too. It is a great way to build friendships. Usually, I hang onto my copy of my favorite book, and my friends buy their own copies.

I enjoy group discussions about my favorite books. They are another way to share the books that I love to read. I enjoy writing reviews, too. I think that reviews are a great way to relate my personal ideas. Recommendations are important to me. I prefer them to hunting for a new book from the sea of books that are available for sale.
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Alissa Nesson »

My impulse is always to share what I love to read but my experience is that people don’t usually give books back. They might say they want to read it to be polite but most of the time they’re never going to read it and you’re never going to get that book back. A couple of times since I’ve realized that, I’ve bought copies of books for good friends that I really think would like a certain book, but mostly I just recommend them now.
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Of course. I've reviewed many books and shared their reviews on platforms like Goodreads, this website, or on social media.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The Monster of Florence
Bookshelf Size: 38
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

No and I still don't. I don't believe people appreciate my books as much as I do not even take good care of them as much as I do.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”