Do you have your own library

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Stina_lina
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Do you have your own library

Post by Stina_lina »

There is actually a room in our house referred to as "the library". There's book cases and a big comfy chair.
But we have book cases in almost every room in the house, and even in the guest house. I have tried to sort the books into different categories for different rooms. The Classics in the library, fantasy novels in the livingroom, romance books in the bedroom and childrens books in the kids room. All in all, there's cirka 2000 books.
However, in the past couple of years, I have grown to appreciate ebooks. I usually read them on my smartphone or the ipad.
DesiP
Currently Reading: Modern Wicked
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desip.html
Latest Review: "All Roads Lead to Hades" by K.S. Morgan
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by DesiP »

It's my dream to have my own library at home. For right now I have a loft area at home that serves as office, kid's playroom, and library. We have four bookcases with one of them having double rows of paperbacks on four out of five shelves. I also have a Kindle that I've accumulated close to 1000 books on.
Latest Review: "All Roads Lead to Hades" by K.S. Morgan
worleygirl
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by worleygirl »

I wish I had my on library as it is my books are all over the place in my house. I used to have tons off books but I've down sized and use my Kindle a lot or when I get a new book I donate an old one.
Kardelen8012
Currently Reading: The Picture of Dorian Grey
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kardelen8012.html

Post by Kardelen8012 »

I want a library in my house so bad! But I'm in university and I can't afford that kind of apartment. Maybe after I finish school and start making more money I can get a place big enough.
Beautiful_Soul
Favorite Author: Jodi Picoult
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 481">Peter Pan</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2678

Post by Beautiful_Soul »

Ealasaid wrote:My dream is to have a small room (or large one) or a cozy corner/nook with a window seat to use as my own personal library.
Same :D I'm envious of those with libraries/offices. I'm currently in the process of searching for a reading chair and lamp for the corner of our bedroom right by the window. We live in a one bedroom apartment with very limited space and have one small bookshelf that is full. I bought a nook to save some space.
obsessedwithleaves
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedwithleaves.html

Post by obsessedwithleaves »

I have an apartment but only keep my books in my room. I don't really have space for a big shelf (I wish) but I do have a top shelf in my closet of books I've bought and found and have them organized. I hope to one day have a reading room or library! I really want to expand my collection and show them off!
tortoise keeper
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tortoise-keeper.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Reading Device: B0192AFG7A

Post by tortoise keeper »

I used to own this 1930's bungalow with awful plumbing and electric. It did, however, have a lovely fireplace with built in shelves the entire length of the room. On the lower two sets of shelves I kept all of my books. Unfortunately, when I moved I had to downsize to an apartment and gave most of my books away. For the time being, most everything is on my tablet.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Taylor Razzani
Favorite Author: Carlos Ruiz Zafón
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 59294">The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books)</a>
Currently Reading: The Bachman Books
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taylor-razzani.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington
fav_author_id: 2684

Post by Taylor Razzani »

Beautiful_Soul wrote:
Ealasaid wrote:My dream is to have a small room (or large one) or a cozy corner/nook with a window seat to use as my own personal library.
Same :D I'm envious of those with libraries/offices. I'm currently in the process of searching for a reading chair and lamp for the corner of our bedroom right by the window. We live in a one bedroom apartment with very limited space and have one small bookshelf that is full. I bought a nook to save some space.
Agreed! I want my very own reading room with comfy furniture and tons of books. I already have two bookshelves full and am already out of space, and that isn't counting my 'to be read' books. I just need the room :D
Daphni
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=15864">A Game of Thrones</a>
Currently Reading: American Gods
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daphni.html

Post by Daphni »

Taylor Razzani wrote:
Beautiful_Soul wrote:
Exact same I would use that room as a reading room and convert my basement into a library to store my vast collection of books.

But, currently my library is two bookshelves which are on the brim of collapse and a few drawers that cannot close all the way.
the biblophile

Post by the biblophile »

yes I have a largish room in my apartment for my library of some two thousand books. it has every thing overstuffed chairs, a desk lots of lamps, (I dislike overhead lighting), my music collection as well.
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

I don`t have a library anymore as i am moving and all my books are packed down in boxes. But i am going to make library at the new place which will be bigger than the one i had were i am now.
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Jane Doe
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-doe.html

Post by Jane Doe »

I wish! I like to collect books because I hope that one day I will be able to have my own personal library. Currently, I just use half of my closet for my books.
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

Aloha,

Yes. It is a mix of fiction, non fiction, etc. I have several bookshelves, space on floor, tables, etc. One day I wanted a room for all my books but I want to have certain views when looking outside. I also need a firelace in that room.

Blessings?
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
the biblophile

Post by the biblophile »

a fireplace is essential
Hneite
Currently Reading: Foundation
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reading Device: B0B3PSRHHN

Post by Hneite »

I have books all over my appartement but most of my books is stored in the warehouse i am working in.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”