How do you choose the next book you will be reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Lizzie Mustard
Favorite Book: The Moonstone
Currently Reading: Lessons in Chemistry
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizzie-mustard.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Re: How do you choose the next book you will be reading?

Post by Lizzie Mustard »

I have a number of ways to choose my next book. If I read an interesting review of a book, then that tempts me to read it. Or if a friend recommends one, then I'll take that onboard. However, many of my best finds come from thrift and charity shop buys. I reckon that if a book is cheap enough, then I'll take a chance on it even if I've never heard of the author before.
Carolina Katerina
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolina-katerina.html
Latest Review: The Way of the Goddess by Ananta Ripa Ajmera

Post by Carolina Katerina »

I choose a book that may be useful for me as knowladge, or just with an interesting story.
Upphilan Paul
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upphilan-paul.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Upphilan Paul »

I don't read all genre. I only love Nonfiction books, so I pick nonfiction books always. But, sometimes I do pick historical fiction.
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Usually, when it comes to history, I look for similar books within the same topic scope. Sometimes I walk around bookstores and see interesting books, making them my next reads. Although there are many books still on the waiting list waiting to be read, huhuuu.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”