Which: hard book or e-book version?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
sarahas8609
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahas8609.html
Latest Review: "Hawthorne Cottage" by R. L. McCallum

Re: Which: hard book or e-book version?

Post by sarahas8609 »

I like ebooks because of the fact that I don't have to find somewhere to store them after I am done. Also, it's a lot easier to carry many books in my purse when they are all on my ipad :)
Latest Review: "Hawthorne Cottage" by R. L. McCallum
talia_in
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by talia_in »

Hard book! Reading Ebooks would definitely hurt my eyes. :cry:
Sine_Ni_Ceallach
Currently Reading: The Iliad by Homer
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sine-ni-ceallach.html

Post by Sine_Ni_Ceallach »

Hard copy, for sure!!
"I could not be sure she was sane; and, in fact, there was a certain restless brilliancy about her eyes that half led me to imagine she was not." -Edgar Allan Poe
steppy61385

Post by steppy61385 »

I love to read hard books are the best but e books are so easy. So lately I have been reading on my tablet.
booksprite+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booksprite.html

Post by booksprite+ »

I'm a huge fan of the e book! They're so convenient and there's something exciting to me about reading on my kindle.
Manuahs
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manuahs.html

Post by Manuahs »

I like both Ebooks and regular books. I have a collection of real books by my bed, I read those at night before bed. Then I have a large collection on my Kindle that I take wherever I go. You never know when the need to read will hit! I also love the fact I can go back and forth between the Kindle app on my phone and the Kindle itself.
sugarbearmama
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Favorite Book: the regulators
Currently Reading: the mists of avalon
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sugarbearmama.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by sugarbearmama »

I prefer hard books but I also have quite the collection on my kindle sometimes doubles of what I have I choose a book to read by what I'm doing that day, at home I use hard at work I use e book
jmalone1994
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: Ink Exchange
Currently Reading: The Blood of Olympus
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmalone1994.html
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by jmalone1994 »

Hardcover
Latest Review: "The Weatherman" by Tyreese Walton
Njkinny
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Empowered
Currently Reading: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njkinny.html
Latest Review: Ripcord Recovery by T.T. Sawyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Njkinny »

EBooks now.. They are easy to read if you have the proper device and have great highlighting, font adjustment and background adjustment features that I like..
Njkinny :techie-reference:
soumyanam

Post by soumyanam »

I read in both hardbook and the e-book format. But I would always prefer the Hardbook.
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

ebooks are wonderful for the long trip, vacation, car ride.... After i got my kindle i don't have to carry my 8-10 books and huge book bag around with me, i literally used to carry a suitcase of books on trips. when i'm home however, nothing beats the feel of turning pages to get to the conclusion of an amazing book
catchingrainbows
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catchingrainbows.html

Post by catchingrainbows »

Hard books. The weight, the smell, turning the pages while curled up under a blanket losing yourself in a great story.

Ebook. Convenient, cheap, no shelf space required. However, I find an Ebook can be quite a distraction especially if utilizing a wifi based product. It becomes so easy to switch to another app, check email, etc. that instead of becoming lost in a good story you have now become lost in an electronic world.
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I used to all about actual books, now because I have started reading ebooks, I have a much bigger expanse of titles at my fingertips, if I am out and I finish a book I don't have to wait I can just skim through my phone and pick out another book. :D While I do still immensely enjoy traditional books, I also enjoy the ebooks just as much now.
nowanico2403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nowanico2403.html

Post by nowanico2403 »

i just started using booklending.com and it is wonderful it matches me up with books i want to read and people lend them to me for free via amazon, i then select the books i have purchased on amazon and they match me up with readers looking for those books. the really awesome part is they notify me if any books on my borrow list go on sale or are free for the day. :) you can select how many books you would like to receive each week and have 7 days to accept the loan and 14 days to read it.
mdriver67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mdriver67.html

Post by mdriver67 »

I read both, but when I want to curl up with a good book I prefer a hard book. Also when I read in the tub I would rather have a hard book because it is less expensive to replace if I drop it in the tub.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”