If you could visit any literary world, which one would you choose and why?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Nancy004
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancy004.html
Latest Review: A third is darkness by Murray Bailey

If you could visit any literary world, which one would you choose and why?

Post by Nancy004 »

If I had the opportunity to visit any literary world, I would undoubtedly choose the enchanting realm of Harry Potter. J.K. Rowling's vivid imagination and intricate world-building have brought to life a magical universe that has captivated millions of readers, myself included. I would love to wander through the bustling streets of Diagon Alley, explore the awe-inspiring Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and witness the exhilarating game of Quidditch firsthand. The richly detailed settings, intriguing characters, and the sheer sense of wonder and adventure in the Harry Potter world make it an irresistible destination for any book lover.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

I loved playing Hogwarts Legacy because it felt like being in that world and having a new adventure in it. It'd be awesome to be a Hogwarts student, getting to know the eccentric teachers, having pets, going on quests and stuff. Narnia would be fun. I'd prefer to be in the Golden Age when it was safer and just enjoy the Talking Beasts, fauns, gods, and so on. The closest to the books I'd want to experience is The Voyage of the Dawn Treader where every island is a new mystery to uncover. I'm sure there are many more islands with more secrets waiting to be found.
MesfnKalu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mesfnkalu.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by MesfnKalu »

I dont went visit any literary world
Nancy004
Currently Reading:

Post by Nancy004 »

human reader wrote: 17 Jun 2023, 10:54 I loved playing Hogwarts Legacy because it felt like being in that world and having a new adventure in it. It'd be awesome to be a Hogwarts student, getting to know the eccentric teachers, having pets, going on quests and stuff. Narnia would be fun. I'd prefer to be in the Golden Age when it was safer and just enjoy the Talking Beasts, fauns, gods, and so on. The closest to the books I'd want to experience is The Voyage of the Dawn Treader where every island is a new mystery to uncover. I'm sure there are many more islands with more secrets waiting to be found.
Your desire to explore Narnia during the Golden Age is understandable. Imagine frolicking in the meadows of Cair Paravel, witnessing the majestic coronation of the Pevensie siblings, and engaging in delightful conversations with wise and mythical creatures. Narnia truly offers a realm of wonder and enchantment that captures the hearts of readers.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Nancy004
Currently Reading:

Post by Nancy004 »

MesfnKalu wrote: 17 Jun 2023, 14:47 I dont went visit any literary world
I understand that not everyone feels the same desire to visit a literary world, and that's perfectly valid. Each person has their own preferences and interests. Thank you for sharing your perspective, and I hope you continue to enjoy literature in your own unique way.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

Nancy004 wrote: 18 Jun 2023, 10:54
human reader wrote: 17 Jun 2023, 10:54 I loved playing Hogwarts Legacy because it felt like being in that world and having a new adventure in it. It'd be awesome to be a Hogwarts student, getting to know the eccentric teachers, having pets, going on quests and stuff. Narnia would be fun. I'd prefer to be in the Golden Age when it was safer and just enjoy the Talking Beasts, fauns, gods, and so on. The closest to the books I'd want to experience is The Voyage of the Dawn Treader where every island is a new mystery to uncover. I'm sure there are many more islands with more secrets waiting to be found.
Your desire to explore Narnia during the Golden Age is understandable. Imagine frolicking in the meadows of Cair Paravel, witnessing the majestic coronation of the Pevensie siblings, and engaging in delightful conversations with wise and mythical creatures. Narnia truly offers a realm of wonder and enchantment that captures the hearts of readers.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!
Yes, it would be fun to frolick in the meadows of Cair Paravel, see the Pevensie siblings crowned, and convince them all to go on a journey. We could go underground to the underworld of Bism that is only briefly spoken of, where the earthmen live. I feel like with Narnia there's always unexplored magic around the next corner. You are welcome. ^-^
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The world of isekai, but the enjoyable kind where I can become an overpowered character there.
Feeling bored with my current life hehe

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”