What book do you reread the most?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
single churro
Currently Reading: The Russian Lieutenant
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-single-churro.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Re: What book do you reread the most?

Post by single churro »

I mostly reread those books which propelled my reading fever, probable books like Alice in Wonderland, little women, pride and prejudice, Emma, A tale of two cities, Anne of green gables, Oliver Twist, LOTR, Harry Potter.
Even though I've come a long way in my reading journey, these books make me nostalgic and I cherish these nuggets of my childhood.
GreatReviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-greatreviews.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by GreatReviews »

I do find myself rereading Last Days at Forcados High School by Hammed. The author is a Nigerian and lives in Nigeria.
Alexis Andrews
Currently Reading: The Son of Neptune
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Alexis Andrews »

Scott wrote: 12 Apr 2007, 21:28 What book do you reread the most?

I reread Of Mice And Men about once or twice a year. Oddly, I usually read it when I've been feeling down for a while. The book is sad and makes me feel sad, but I guess I like to get lost in a book regardless. Plus, I usually read the book all-the-way through in one night. So, it's probably just that I want to occupy my mind for a while when I read it.

What about you?
To Answer your question, I tend to reread books that drive my imagination. Books such as, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, The Hunger Games and more have a vivid idea of a dystopia world. A book I have recently been rereading the most has been Rick Riordans: Hero's of Olympus; The Lost Hero. This book has been my favorite since the day I picked it up. Just like his first series "Percy Jackson", Rick throws his readers into the minds of demi-gods who are destined for greatness and send each onto a journey more treacherous than before. This book is perfect for those who wish to join in a warm-hearted and adventurous journey. Regardless of age, this book is a great read for anyone.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

The Percy Jackson series and Skulduggery Pleasant. Both are so easy to re-read and reminds me of being a teenager again.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Starling99
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-starling99.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Starling99 »

Like many others have posted...
Harry Potter...books and movies many times
Hunger Games...books and movies many times.
Divergent Series...books and movies
Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Sense and Sensibility, Emma
A Breif History of Time
And with my kids I've read Alice in Wonderland, Secret Garden and Matilda at least three times over.
RainbowHair
Currently Reading: Covet
Bookshelf Size: 76

Post by RainbowHair »

In all honesty, I have reread this series at least 5 times in the past 2 years. The program series is so incredibly written. It discusses the topic of suicide in a respectful manner without dumbing it down to much. Also the underlying romance keeps you hooked. The series is written over the course of 6 books and it is by Suzanne Young. It's told from 3 different perspectives and each character is given 2 books to tell their stories. A very interesting mix of sci-fi, dystopian, and romance. Definitely should be added to you TBR.
Shanaian
Favorite Book: Unexpected Enemy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanaian.html
Latest Review: Unexpected Enemy by Tim Cagle

Post by Shanaian »

The Left Behind Series, By Tim LaHaye and Jerry B. Jenkins
Cwilde13
Currently Reading: Watership Down
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cwilde13.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Cwilde13 »

I reread The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern at least once a year. It is my favorite book and I wish that I could read it again for the very first time.
Meadow Fox
Currently Reading: Night Angel
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meadow-fox.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Meadow Fox »

Harry Potter. :lol2:
Veazey2
Favorite Book: Walden
Currently Reading: Capitalism
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Veazey2 »

The perennial philosophy by aldous
Huxley
Archaeoptery
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archaeoptery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Archaeoptery »

There's a 1k page Sherlock Home book I like rereading.
Zion Alexander
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Zion Alexander »

The Earthfall series by Mark Walden is definitely the 3 books I reread the most.
pastorlarry
Favorite Author: E.E. Isherwood
Currently Reading: First Wave
Bookshelf Size: 37
fav_author_id: 84150

Post by pastorlarry »

I suffer from Retrograde Amnesia, due to a violent automobile accident, so I suppose I'm enjoying "rereading" every book I've ever read!! Haha!

Seriously though, there is nothing more frightening than getting most of the way through a book and somehow "knowing" that a specific scene is going to play out (particular character death, colour of a car about to pass, type of weapon someone is about to display). It's what initially informed me that I had a serious problem.
Bridget Ball 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridget-ball-1.html
Latest Review: A Script For Aspiring Women Leaders by Mark Villareal

Post by Bridget Ball 1 »

I enjoy rereading Little Women and also enjoy reading different versions of the book (children editions etc). I usually read the book at least once a year around Christmas and then sometimes again during the summer. My unpopular opinion is that Little Women is a Christmas story.
megachirops
Currently Reading: Witch Is Where Magic Lives Now (A Witch P.I. Mystery #37)
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by megachirops »

The Foundation Trilogy is my most-reread books to date, but The Martian is threatening to overtake them.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”