Goodreads: yay or nay?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Re: Goodreads: yay or nay?

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Actually, Goodreads is good for seeing people's ratings of a book. However, when it comes to writing reviews from there, I'm less interested. It doesn't give me money like OBC 🤣
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Actually, Goodreads is good for seeing people's ratings of a book. However, when it comes to writing reviews from there, I'm less interested. It doesn't give me money like OBC 🤣
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Champagne Widows by Rebecca Rosenberg

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I use Goodreads but go back and forth on how often I actually look at it. It is a useful tool to have though!
Julia Begeman
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Currently Reading: Plunder
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julia-begeman.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Julia Begeman »

I used to use it to track what I have read and mark what I want to read. It was nice to see what my friends and family were reading too. Last year I started using StoryGraph because I like how they do their reviews. You can give half or quarter stars, and along with your review you can mark the tone of the book, the pacing, and content warnings or spoilers. I miss the social aspect of Goodreads, but overall StoryGraph has been an improvement
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I basically use it to catalog my ever growing list of books. Plus I keep track of a few of my favorite author's blogs. I don't participate too much in the forums though. I personally think it has gotten too big

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”