How many books have you read so far?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Pinky-Cat
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinky-cat.html

Icon How many books have you read so far?

Post by Pinky-Cat »

Hi,

How many books have you read since you can remember? do you guys keep a record?

I read 300 something, that's the much I remember recording :D
obsessedwithleaves
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedwithleaves.html

Post by obsessedwithleaves »

I have been keeping track since January 2015 and so far I've read 28. I cannot wait to reach 50 then 100! :techie-reference:
Freida Livery
Bookshelf Size: 2897
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Freida Livery »

I keep track of my library over on Goodreads. Been a member since 2010 - according to my "read" file, I've finished 884 books. Books I started but gave up on: 17. I'm sure I've missed a few here and there.
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like."
— Lemony Snicket
Pinky-Cat
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinky-cat.html

Post by Pinky-Cat »

Freida Livery wrote:I keep track of my library over on Goodreads. Been a member since 2010 - according to my "read" file, I've finished 884 books. Books I started but gave up on: 17. I'm sure I've missed a few here and there.
:o That's a lot!! I keep track on Goodreads as well :D
moderntimes
Favorite Author: James Joyce
Favorite Book: Ulysses by James Joyce
Currently Reading: Grendel by John Gardner
fav_author_id: 2516

Post by moderntimes »

Since I can remember? Tens of thousands, I guess. I've always been a voracious reader, since I was a kid. So... dozens of adventure books like Tarzan and John Carter and Sherlock Holmes and Treasure Island, etc, as a young kid. Then Hemingway and Faulkner when I got older, plus of course the many books assigned to me in high school and college.

All the famed "underground" novels -- On the Road, Naked Lunch, etc.

And as a big mystery and SF fan, hundreds of those genre all thru my life. I review mystery novels for a website and I've read maybe 160 for that site alone, plus the many other mystery novels I have read on my own -- all the Spenser, Travis McGee, etc, all the "Prey" series and all Robert Crais and Bill Pronzini novels.

Then a couple years ago I was on the PWA (Private Eye Writers of America) review team and read 59 novels in 4 months! Whew.

Plus many great classics of literature, books on history (I have a particular hobby about Imperial Rome and have read maybe 20 books on that, books on astronomy, quantum physics, cosmology, and other areas of science, history books about WW2, many of them, and numerous biographies.

Tens of thousands over my lifetime. In the past 5 years, I'd estimate 300-400 maybe.
"Ineluctable modality of the visible..."
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Family Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 2289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Too many to count. I have started reading when I was a kid and never stopped since. Only recently I have started keeping track of my reading.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

You mean since i started reading ?

I think about a 1000
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
Foxley
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-foxley.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Foxley »

Since 2013 I have read 188!
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

I've read around 300 since I bought my kobo which was about 3 1/2 years ago. Before that I always had a book on the go since I can remember, unless we are thinking about the party teen yrs which was cut back tremendously. I'll guess that throughout my life I have read about 3000 or so!
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
1_2_5_am
Currently Reading: Once Upon a Time in Korea
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1-2-5-am.html

Post by 1_2_5_am »

OMG! I would never be able to keep track of that, LOL! I admire everyone that is! :dance:
LivreAmour217
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I have no idea how many books I've read in my lifetime, but I would guess that it's somewhere in the upper hundreds to lower thousands.
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
moderntimes
Favorite Author: James Joyce
Favorite Book: Ulysses by James Joyce
Currently Reading: Grendel by John Gardner
fav_author_id: 2516

Post by moderntimes »

Like 1-2-5 there's no way I could tally the number of books I've read. Why should I? I may as well try to count the times I've eaten tacos, ha ha.

Suffice it to say tens of thousands of books in my lifetime. And I just finished another novel last night.
"Ineluctable modality of the visible..."
aparsons
Bookshelf Size: 498
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aparsons.html
Latest Review: "A Mirror Among Shattered Glass (Book One of the Supernatural London Underground series)" by Romarin Demetri

Post by aparsons »

I agree that I can't count how many books I've read, not counting re-reads. A few times I have tallied how many books I've read over a period of time. In fifth grade we had a schoolwide read-a-thon, and together my sister and I read 10,000 pages that month. I think I contributed about 3,500 of our total. We read a total of 10% of the school's entire pages read! I can't remember exactly how many books that was, but I know it was in the hundreds. One summer I read over two hundred books in high school. (I didn't get out much :lol: )
“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Latest Review: "A Mirror Among Shattered Glass (Book One of the Supernatural London Underground series)" by Romarin Demetri
Loverockers
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... lations</a>
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loverockers.html
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott

Post by Loverockers »

Um, I did try counting once, but it didn't work out. But I'm guessing, around two hundred fifty?
Latest Review: "Contemplations" by Lisa M. Gott
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

I have not a clue how many I have read over my lifetime, but last year I read about 300 and this year I have read 112 so far. I wish I had kept better track, but it was not until recently that I found great websites that help with that.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”