In which other way do you express your love for books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Aspinewithwords_
Bookshelf Size: 0

In which other way do you express your love for books?

Post by Aspinewithwords_ »

I expressed my inner bookworm by discovering the book community and by making a book account and it has been a awesome experience. I have had so many book recommendations and book chats about books I never would have had in person with anyone.
tortoise keeper
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tortoise-keeper.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
Reading Device: B0192AFG7A

Post by tortoise keeper »

I give them to my son or send him lists that I think he should read. He's 14 so I'm not sure he appreciates my help much at this point!
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
jamesabr
Currently Reading: The Gulf
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamesabr.html
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by jamesabr »

I chat with people I share the same book tastes with every so often to express my love for books openly. :D
Latest Review: "Adam Exitus" by Nicholas Abdilla
katiesquilts
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 649
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiesquilts.html
Latest Review: Anything For Love by Gracie Bond

Post by katiesquilts »

I'm studying another language (Japanese) so that I can become a translator and help publish books in English. I want more Japanese authors to become famous worldwide!
va2016
Favorite Book: The Vatican Protocol
Currently Reading: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance
Bookshelf Size: 716
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-va2016.html
Latest Review: The Mystery of the Hidden Cabin by M.E. Hembroff

Post by va2016 »

I express my love for books by buying them as gifts
to the people I love, lend to my friends, and gift
Kindle Unlimited subscriptions to people who love
reading.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

I read as much as possible and share interesting stories and books with my friends and loved ones. Becoming a reviewer has become a new way for me to share my love for reading and also allows me to indulge in another of my passions which is writing. I have a personal library which I look forward to expanding. I participate in the BOTM discussions and participate in other forum threads. I am always looking for new ways to explore my passion for reading and sharing them with others.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I joined a book community and go to the local library.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
greywalker
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ndation</a>
Currently Reading: The Mysticism of Paul the Apostle
Bookshelf Size: 133

Post by greywalker »

I'm at my local library almost every day. And I'm running out of space for all my books! :)
Erik
Currently Reading: Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Erik »

In the room I use mainly as my office at home (I work from home most of the time, though I do keep office space at the main building), there are floor-to-ceiling bookshelves along all walls. These shelves are full of books... to the point that I have started to stack books on top of rows of shelved volumes simply because there is no room otherwise. My favourites are all within easy reach, on the shelves I can access (I use a wheelchair, so my reach is somewhat limited. I have to rely on household help if I want a book that is beyond my reach). My co-workers call this room the Library, and I suppose it is. The fact that my office space is also there is somewhat incidental. At any rate, it is a very comfortable place to work or to hold a meeting, as well as a comfortable place to read. I spend most of my waking hours in this room.
Lilapo9
Favorite Author: Diane Duane
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 29675">The Ministry of Cantors</a>
Currently Reading: Handbook for Cantors
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilapo9.html
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
Reading Device: B00EM3WGYY
fav_author_id: 4363

Post by Lilapo9 »

Currently I am a substitute teacher and one way I get to express my love for books is by using a book discussion with the students. When we manage to get through everything that the classroom teacher has left for us to do that day I can gather the children in a central area and we can talk about books. It is a nice way for students to not only share what they are reading but also inspire other students to want to read their books. Some classrooms that I work in have a time frame of about 15 minutes in them where they are being read a chapter book by the teacher. I have read "Wonder"; "Bud, Not Buddy"; "Stone Fox" and several others during this time. It is a wonderful experience. Even at the sixth grade level students still like being read to.
Latest Review: "Memory of Miracles" by Beth Durkee
mrsdeg1983
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrsdeg1983.html
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mrsdeg1983 »

Facebook memes. I post one every day to try and get somebody interested in Reading. I have sweaters that say Reading Plus coffee equals happiness and other sayings as well.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

katiesquilts wrote:I'm studying another language (Japanese) so that I can become a translator and help publish books in English. I want more Japanese authors to become famous worldwide!
This is awesome! I'd love to know more about Japanese authors.

-- 23 Jan 2017, 10:33 --

I surround myself with books and have made it a regular part of my kids' lives. One of their first sentences have been "read book" before they turn 2. I take them to the library a few times a month and always browse the book section in any store we walk in to. I also talk about books to my sister and close friends.
DiverseSpirit
Currently Reading: Last Train to Istanbul
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diversespirit.html

Post by DiverseSpirit »

I constantly talk about books that I have read. In some conversations, I slip in a fact or statement and relate it to something I read. The latter helps me with critical thinking. I have relatives who give me books as a result of me always talking about what I have read. I guess I express my love for books with a good impression.
noethe5
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noethe5.html
Latest Review: The Devil's template by Philip Omoniyi Adetiloye

Post by noethe5 »

I express my love for books by reading to others, talking to as many people as will listen about the books I am reading, and giving away the books I am finished with to friends who will appreciate them.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

I share the best of stories with my best friend who is also an avid reader.and then we discuss for hours. the time is really really enjoyable and we hate to break up our discussion
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”