What us your biggest problem with reading?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
HeatherEi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heatherei.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: What us your biggest problem with reading?

Post by HeatherEi »

I tend to start a lot of books at the same time and have a hard time finishing them.
JustineR
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justiner.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by JustineR »

I couldn't decide on which of the following are the biggest so I decided to write all. The first two sort of link in that I have impaired vision that is steadily worsening and I don't have a lot of spare time.

So when I do, due to poor eyesight, it's a lot of steps to get everything comfortable for me if I'm reading on an electronic device. If it's a physical book, it's an incredibly slow process (I have a magnifying sheet). Pretty much at the start of my free time, my brain is already exhausted and I'm simply out of energy. Made worse that I'm in severe pain pretty much every day which makes it difficult to find a comfortable reading position or concrete.

The last is I generally want to discuss the books I read but a lot of books-related communities I find have a very snobbish attitude. So if I do manage to read, I'm left with a strong urge to discuss the book/s that gets bottled up because I don't want to deal with an elitist attitude.
Sufi_khan
Favorite Book: The Da Vinci Code
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sufi-khan.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by Sufi_khan »

The biggest issue with reading is finding the time to do it. If I could, I would read the whole day, but work, family and responsibilities make that difficult. I am able to manage a decent amount of reading in spite of that, so I am grateful.
CnderAngel
Favorite Author: Janet McNulty
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnderangel.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
fav_author_id: 15021

Post by CnderAngel »

My biggest problems are my disorders... also I can't read more than 4-5 chapters..... Or else I get exhausted. So I have to take a break, wish I could read longer than just 4 or 5 chapters. :c
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
HarryPotterLibrary22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrypotterlibrary22.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by HarryPotterLibrary22 »

Sufi_khan wrote: 12 Dec 2019, 11:36 The biggest issue with reading is finding the time to do it. If I could, I would read the whole day, but work, family and responsibilities make that difficult. I am able to manage a decent amount of reading in spite of that, so I am grateful.
This is my biggest issue! I feel like I rarely have the time to read and this really sucks.
Avidreader01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Avidreader01 »

My biggest problem with reading is reading fine prints. I hate small font in books. For me, the larger the font, the more easier it is to read what is written, especially for persons who wear glasses.
Laura Lee
Currently Reading: Holiday in Death 
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-lee.html
Latest Review: My ABC "Chair" Book by Barbara H. Hartsfield

Post by Laura Lee »

I am a voracious reader; always have been. My problem now is that my tastes in reading are changing and I haven't settled on a new genre that I especially like. It's very frustrating. :(
Laura Lee

“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.”
― Groucho Marx, The Essential Groucho: Writings For By And About Groucho Marx
DragonLight877
Favorite Author: Patrick Rothfuss
Favorite Book: The Slow Regard of Silent Things
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonlight877.html
Latest Review: Shepherds of Destiny by Kiel Barnekov
fav_author_id: 3201

Post by DragonLight877 »

My biggest issue with reading is that my neck can get really sore. I tend to look down for really long periods of time when I read. I also wish books were rated better, more like movies I mean. With like a PG or something. Not to limit who can read it, just to give proper warning.
Ariel_Martin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arieljmartin.html
Latest Review: The Wicked Wives by Gus Pelagatti

Post by Ariel_Martin »

I used to work long overnight shifts that were not very eventful. I would often read an entire book a night. Gosh I hated the kink in my neck.
Empan16
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-empan16.html
Latest Review: Away To Me, My Love by Naomi McDonald

Post by Empan16 »

My biggest problem with reading is not having enough time to read what I want. With school and everything else that life brings, there seems to be very little time to sit down with a good book.
urrutiap
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by urrutiap »

Biggest book pet peeve I have is where a fantasy book series ends up with way too many books of the series. That makes it hard to keep up when youre still reading the first 3 books and then all of a sudden there's like 14 more books or whatever to read
leareiler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leareiler.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by leareiler »

My biggest problem is getting through the beginning of books. The beginnings are probably my least favorite parts, even though I still love them, but I like to get to the action and "meat" of the novel.
kmittag67
Favorite Author: Jim Butcher
Favorite Book: Killing Abel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kmittag67.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 2907

Post by kmittag67 »

I have been retired now for two months. I thought that I would be able to read and read whenever I want and all day if I so desire. Alas, that is not the case. I have discovered that I now have a new title....Official dishwasher. Yep, chores are getting in the way of my reading time. I am managing to get in some good reading but it's so hard to have to put down the great book I am reading to do chores. I am able to read more than I did when I was working which is a big positive....there are just so many wonderful books I want to read.
Anyone who has time to clean is not reading nearly enough :wink:
leximutia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leximutia.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by leximutia »

I completely lose focus of my surroundings when I read. I lose track of time, often can't even hear my name being called. I remember being reprimanded by my teacher in elementary school when I kept on reading after class began. I hadn't even noticed!
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

I forget easily if I skipped reading for a day. I have to skim to the previous chapter before I can continue where I left.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”