Does Weather Affect When You Read?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
MikleoKrein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Re: Does Weather Affect When You Read?

Post by MikleoKrein »

If it's too hot, I can't read. I can't even think straight.

I prefer cold weathers, or maybe air-conditioned rooms, lol!
domibarq
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: One Way or Another
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by domibarq »

I can read during any type of weather; however, curling up on the couch with a big mug of hot chocolate, cozy blanket, and a good book, during a thunderstorm, is my absolute favorite way to spend a day.
reader699
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74

Post by reader699 »

Weather sometimes is distractive for example during hot weather conditions it brings some kind of tiredness which affects the moral of reading. Therefore weather can affect someone's attitude towards reading.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Bukari »

What? Why should I continue reading whilst there is a heavy rain that is raiding my roof? Despite that even the noise would not let me to concentrate.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Georggi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-georggi.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell

Post by Georggi »

Yes, it truly affects reading
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

domibarq wrote: 05 Jul 2018, 23:56 I can read during any type of weather; however, curling up on the couch with a big mug of hot chocolate, cozy blanket, and a good book, during a thunderstorm, is my absolute favorite way to spend a day.
Completely agree! The best way to read. Honestly, weather doesn't affect reading for me, but it does affect other things I have to do. Probably because reading isn't a chore for me and I actually enjoy it.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
Amerit
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amerit »

i love reading no matter the weather.
CrimsonPrincess24
Currently Reading: success bound
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by CrimsonPrincess24 »

I don't actually think that the weather affects me but I just hate it when it's summer and I'm sweating a lot and my book's starting to get wet.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

I can read in any weather so long as it does not interfere with the electricity.
Facennagoss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-facennagoss.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Facennagoss »

I love reading when I can hear the rain lashing against the windows and I’m curled up in front of the fire but nothing quite beats sitting on the beach with a good book and letting the world go by around you ☺️
Jmteachmom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmteachmom.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by Jmteachmom »

I like to read anytime, but I tend to read more at night. After all the family is asleep I can dive into a story and all my worries are gone. Rainy days are great as well, but my all time favorite is when it snowing. There is nothing like watching the snow fall and have a good book in my hands.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I feel the same that I get more reading done on rainy/ thunderstorm days & in the winter. I think because it’s because I find the rain/thunderstorms relaxing. In the winter we also get snowed in a lot so there isn’t much you can do on those days; usually there is warnings about going outside because it’s too cold. I will pretty much read no matter the weather because I love it but you have less to do on rainy/thundershowers/winter days so you can get more reading done.
Ransom ofem

Post by Ransom ofem »

it dose nt but if yes,then is sytematic
gregs317
Previous Member of the Month

Post by gregs317 »

I think it's kinda wonderful being stuck inside during a snowstorm. Would love to get comfy under a blanket and do some good reading with a cup of hot cocoa on the side. :)
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kareka88 »

Yes, but not in the way you’d think. Several comments to this question say they especially like to read in the rain. I would love to read in the rain, but I have a 93 pound dog who, when it is raining and storming will not let me do anything but sit on the floor & pet her.

Otherwise no. Plus, I live in the desert and the weather doesn’t change that much.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”