What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Miriam Ratemo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

I am reading Remembrance of Things Past by Marcel Proust, and also listening to the Audio recording of Cranford by Elizabeth Cleghorn Gaskell
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy
Bookshelf Size: 58
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

Devil in false colors .Lara and Uri book 3
By Jack Winnick
As we all know by now this is our book of the day but I am enjoying it.
Nthabiseng Moloi 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Nthabiseng Moloi 1 »

Butterfly Awakens by Meg Nocero
Patricia_Silva
Currently Reading: Metaphase
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-patricia-silva.html
Latest Review: The End of May by Kem Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 33%

Post by Patricia_Silva »

I am currently reading "Metaphase" by M. Street.
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy
Bookshelf Size: 58
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

I just dropped one of the book of the month which I did not finish and I refuse to name . The jargon was ridiculously complicated and very uninteresting. I'm looking for something else in my genre crime ,thriller and mystery.
Adéla Kapicová
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ad-la-kapicov.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Adéla Kapicová »

I´m currently reading Eragon. It´s a funny experience since I read it last time as a teenager. Back then it was perfect. However, the older I am, the more mistakes I can see - in writing, in translation... It´s a bit less perfect now. But I still love it.
Fatima Akhtar Saleem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Fatima Akhtar Saleem »

I am currently reading discovery of witches.
Victoria Can
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Victoria Can »

Right now, I'm reading Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. It's one of my all-time favorites and it brings some huge questions and every time that I read it, I always find something new. Charlotte is a brilliant author and I can see some of herself in Jane Eyre.
Pop Question: How many siblings did Charlotte have?
Answer: 4 sisters and 1 brother, but 2 of her sisters died as a child. One of them inspired Helen! Can you believe that!
It's also a free ebook and I would very highly recommend it, after you get past the first little bit, the story just sucks you in.
Penn Leigh
Favorite Book: The Alone Time
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Penn Leigh »

Oooh...I've read some good ones lately. I used to love to read mysteries as a child but got away from it as an adult. Over the last 5 weeks or so, I have started reading some psychological thriller type mysteries and rediscovered my love for who did what. I just finished "Don't Believe It" by Charlie Donlea and will definitely be reading more by him. "The Alone Time" by Elle Marr had a little bit of a creepy gross factor that made me a bit uncomfortable but I kept reading for the mystery. I needed to know what had happened. "Ask for Andrea" by Noelle W. Ihli had a very interesting twist to a serial killer story if you like ghost stories (no spoilers--that is in the description for the book). There was little who did what to that story but there was a different kind of suspense. Parts of it were sad but the ending appealed to me alot. The author did a great job tying that story up in a bow. I was glad I read it when I was done.
The Legend2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by The Legend2 »

Right now I am reading the first volume of A. Wilson Greene's History of the Petersburg campaign which is called A Campaign of Giants. I am really enjoying this book so far. It is a very clear and easily readable narrative. It has meticulous research but I think that footnotes are better than endnotes. Overall an excellent book!!
Angela Weaver 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Angela Weaver 2 »

This thread should be revived! I was in the middle of Lenin's Tomb after finishing Peter the Great when I switched over to World Order by Henry Kissinger. But thank goodness we started the Three Body Problem on Netflix because I downloaded all four books from the series and I don't have six years to wait for the end of that tale. Yet, today I downloaded my first book to review for the Book Club, so I'm diving into that first and hoping for the best. In any case, I'm done with heavy reading until summer is over. Happy reading! :D
Ouko Okach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Ouko Okach »

Forbidden Archeology, by Michael Cremo and Richard Thompson. Though I might pick up something lighter to read too
Samantha Castanyares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Samantha Castanyares »

For now, I am currently reading the Wuthering Heights of Emily Bronte because I am in search again for obsessive type of love.
urrutiap
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by urrutiap »

busy with the last 200+ pages of Wheel of Time Winter's Heart currently this month.

then going to be reading the Star Wars Swarm War Trilogy

then this whole summer I'm going to be busy with these books

Stephen King's The Talisman
Stephen King's You Like it Darker
rereading the first Mistborn Trilogy
Loretta Morris 1
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loretta-morris-1.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Loretta Morris 1 »

Hi!

I am in the process of reading the SandPeople by Cheryl Kerr. I have read other comments about this book, and many of the reviewers in the online book club love this book! I am looking forward to reading it.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”