What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Jess Pumkin
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jess-pumkin.html
Latest Review: Memoirs of a Management Consultant by Franco Guazzoni

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Jess Pumkin »

I am actually reading The Seventh Spark - Knights of the Trinity for OBC reviews - it is not a full book, but it shows some serious promise.
Jess Pumkin
:techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference: :techie-studyinggray: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-reference:
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 13:06 I'm reading " Terms of service". December 22 book of the month. I'm very curious!
Loved this one so much that I had to read the second book too. I'm reading " The Prophecy of the Heron"
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 13:19
Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 12 Mar 2023, 13:06 I'm reading " Terms of service". December 22 book of the month. I'm very curious!
Loved this one so much that I had to read the second book too. I'm reading " The Prophecy of the Heron"
I read both books. I liked the first one and loved the second " The Prophecy of the Heron" exceeded my expectations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Currently Reading:

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 17:07
I read both books. I liked the first one and loved the second " The Prophecy of the Heron" exceeded my expectations. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
I'm addicted! This book is full of action.

Something funny.. most people seem to assume that Kim is female. So far, in my opinion, the author left it open and up to each reader to decide. What do you think?
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 19:25

Something funny.. most people seem to assume that Kim is female. So far, in my opinion, the author left it open and up to each reader to decide. What do you think?
I believe he gave a few hints that she is a female. The first is her AI's name, which was Kimberly. The second was the description of her partners during intimacy, as the author described her and Shan as having soft bodies and calling them "innies," which I believe is a reference to females, while her only time with an "outie," the author described as having "hard muscles," which I believe stands for males. That's what I thought anyway. What do you think of this theory? 
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Christian Rutledge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52

Post by Christian Rutledge »

I have a rather large to some but others may call it a small book collection. Due to such a collection, I find myself reading two or even three books going back and forth. It depends on the mood currently in and at times will look at the books and suddenly want to read one that caught my eye. With this in mind, the current three books I am reading, going back and forth between them, are
"Six of Crows" by Leigh Bardugo, "Brisingr" (#2 of The Inheritance Cycle), and "The Essential Edgar Allen Poe Collection: The Best-Loved Tales & His Complete Poems".

Note: I am uncertain if the way I put the book titles is correct or not, but had seen others put quotation marks around the book title and thought it was needed. Also the Edgar Allen Poe Collection book is how the title would be placed to my understanding but would appreciate it if one could double check.
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Currently Reading:

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 19:54
Sara Bartolomeu wrote: 17 Mar 2023, 19:25

I believe he gave a few hints that she is a female. The first is her AI's name, which was Kimberly. The second was the description of her partners during intimacy, as the author described her and Shan as having soft bodies and calling them "innies," which I believe is a reference to females, while her only time with an "outie," the author described as having "hard muscles," which I believe stands for males. That's what I thought anyway. What do you think of this theory? 

Hmm very interesting. I definitely understood the partners hints but not Kim's. I must read again the passages about Kim's body. But i thought the same about AI name that is definitely true!
N1234
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by N1234 »

Right now I am reading Atomic habits by James Clear. In my opinion it's one of the best books which I have read as it helps me change my bad habits into good ones. I recommend for anyone looking to improve their habits to read this great book.
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joule-mwendwa.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

The Founders' Plot by Frank Victoria
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I have a lengthy book this time, it has 644 pages. Dream of Peace is a memoir of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's service in his country, Algeria, and other countries of Africa. It has a coherent writing style and has unique African names from characters encountered by the author. He is a true servant of his fellow countrymen.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Jackelyn Olayon wrote: 13 Mar 2023, 09:20 Hi there I just finished the book “We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies”.

I enjoyed this book. All the mysteries, superpowers, etc, made it amazing.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. -Nelson Mandela
Joule Mwendwa
Currently Reading:

Post by Joule Mwendwa »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 00:14 I have a lengthy book this time, it has 644 pages. Dream of Peace is a memoir of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's service in his country, Algeria, and other countries of Africa. It has a coherent writing style and has unique African names from characters encountered by the author. He is a true servant of his fellow countrymen.
A very long but catchy book. He poured all his heart in serving Africa and maintaining peace allover. I liked this memoir.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

Joule Mwendwa wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 03:52
Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 19 Mar 2023, 00:14 I have a lengthy book this time, it has 644 pages. Dream of Peace is a memoir of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's service in his country, Algeria, and other countries of Africa. It has a coherent writing style and has unique African names from characters encountered by the author. He is a true servant of his fellow countrymen.
A very long but catchy book. He poured all his heart into serving Africa and maintaining peace all over. I liked this memoir.
I have in the same boat about it. So far, so good on reading!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Amy LeJeune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-lejeune.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Amy LeJeune »

I’m reading “The Reading List” by Sara Nisha Adams. I love books about books!
Jumana Rajab
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Jumana Rajab »

currently reading the famous classical book "the hobbit" by J.R.R. TOLKEIN to be honest not one of my most favorite reads

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”