What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Nico Deso
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nico-deso.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Nico Deso »

Currently reading the Book of Revelation.
Isaac Abraham 5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-abraham-5.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by Isaac Abraham 5 »

I'm reading the Mistborn Trilogy currently.
It's a nice book. Engaging.
Ashley Price 3
Favorite Book: Home Body
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-price-3.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by Ashley Price 3 »

Currently reading Educated by Tara Westover!
Rebecca De Figueiredo
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Sent to Watch
Currently Reading: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rebecca-de-figueiredo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Rebecca De Figueiredo »

Just an hour ago I opened the first page of the book 'Sent to Watch' by David J Lebenstein. It's an interstellar, sci-fi, other worldly page turner so far.
Whiney Jones
Favorite Book: The Movie Chair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whiney-jones.html
Latest Review: Riley Youngblood and the Passport to Santalamanchia by B. F. Martindale
2024 Reading Goal: 400
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Whiney Jones »

I just finished reading the book of the day, "The Movie Chair, by Shari Borkin. I'm sure you will like it. It is short and educational.
:mrgreen:
Whiney Jones
Favorite Book: The Movie Chair
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whiney-jones.html
Latest Review: Riley Youngblood and the Passport to Santalamanchia by B. F. Martindale
2024 Reading Goal: 400
2024 Goal Completion: 4%

Post by Whiney Jones »

I'm reading creative destruction by Alastair Bowman
:mrgreen:
Mimi Bui
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimi-bui.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Mimi Bui »

I'm currently reading The Society for Soulless Girls by Laura Steven. I just started this book last night and it is quite interesting. The mysteries keep me flipping through the pages.
Annija Marta Meldere
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annija-marta-meldere.html
Latest Review: Eternity by Carlos

Post by Annija Marta Meldere »

G Duda wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 06:23 In the past three years, I've taken up reading multiple books at a time. Currently, I'm reading 6 books in my spare time, + the one I'm reviewing for this website. I'm reading the book '100 Queer Poems' cause I can't manage without at least one poem a day! I'm also reading Les Mis, & I've challenged myself to read one chapter of it a day (as there are as many chapters of Les Mis as there are days in the year. Ain't that a fun book fact!) I have a copy of the Necronomic that I'm slowly getting through. I've just finished the silver key duology in it, it's really fascinating seeing the range of Lovecraft's work. I'm also reading Kidnapped by R.L Stevenson, but that's in the form of Substack emails. I'm also reading a Day of Fallen Night, the prequel to Priory of the Orange Tree, & I'm slowly going through Dante's Inferno. That last one is a strictly bus read only, cause I need something small & compact to take on the bus with me when traveling between home & uni. And before anyone asks, no, I don't get confused. I just ain't happy without a book in hand, what else can I say? :D
How do you balance the 6 books?

I, too, read multiple books at once.
The Bible, always.
And then, it's usually one self-help book, one that I'm pre-reading before giving to a child, and then sometimes one for fun.

Yet, I'm currently tryint to also read another book with a friend: we read one chapter a day (the chapters are shorter than one page) and discuss. I'm constantly behind on that. :-/
Latest Review: Eternity by Carlos
Rachel Bitu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rachel-bitu.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Post by Rachel Bitu »

"The creative destruction."
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Priya Murugesan »

Just started reading "Deadly waters: The Vietnam Naval War and its aftermath". Hope it will be interesting.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Lottie Armitage
Currently Reading: Nightbitch
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Lottie Armitage »

Nightbitch by Rachel Yoder. People have been telling me to read it for ages so I finally picked it up from my local independent.
Stacy K
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacy-k.html
Latest Review: Truth and Evil by G. Edward Martin

Post by Stacy K »

I am currently reading A Walk in the Woods and I love it. I don't know how I haven't read this book sooner. I did watch the movie and really enjoyed it.
Lorna Kimondo
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-kimondo.html
Latest Review: The Maple Seed Helicopter by Marco Collina

Post by Lorna Kimondo »

I am reading Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés. Every woman should read this.
Lorna Kimondo
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorna-kimondo.html
Latest Review: The Maple Seed Helicopter by Marco Collina

Post by Lorna Kimondo »

Annija Marta Meldere wrote: 23 Feb 2024, 07:55
G Duda wrote: 11 Nov 2023, 06:23 In the past three years, I've taken up reading multiple books at a time. Currently, I'm reading 6 books in my spare time, + the one I'm reviewing for this website. I'm reading the book '100 Queer Poems' cause I can't manage without at least one poem a day! I'm also reading Les Mis, & I've challenged myself to read one chapter of it a day (as there are as many chapters of Les Mis as there are days in the year. Ain't that a fun book fact!) I have a copy of the Necronomic that I'm slowly getting through. I've just finished the silver key duology in it, it's really fascinating seeing the range of Lovecraft's work. I'm also reading Kidnapped by R.L Stevenson, but that's in the form of Substack emails. I'm also reading a Day of Fallen Night, the prequel to Priory of the Orange Tree, & I'm slowly going through Dante's Inferno. That last one is a strictly bus read only, cause I need something small & compact to take on the bus with me when traveling between home & uni. And before anyone asks, no, I don't get confused. I just ain't happy without a book in hand, what else can I say? :D
How do you balance the 6 books?

I, too, read multiple books at once.
The Bible, always.
And then, it's usually one self-help book, one that I'm pre-reading before giving to a child, and then sometimes one for fun.

Yet, I'm currently tryint to also read another book with a friend: we read one chapter a day (the chapters are shorter than one page) and discuss. I'm constantly behind on that. :-/
How do you even manage to do that, woow.
Aroona Kashif
Favorite Author: Ana Huang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aroona-kashif.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
fav_author_id: 32219

Post by Aroona Kashif »

I recently finished the Chestnut Springs series by Elsie Silver and wow, it was amazing. I especially loved the first book!

I’m currently reading Do No Harm by Henry Marsh and rereading The Love Hypothesis by Ali Hazelwood for what must be the tenth time.
all’s fair in love and poetry

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”