What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Alet Van Tonder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alet-van-tonder.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Alet Van Tonder »

I have just started "Fight Story" by Vamsidhar Chaturvedula. I am only a few chapters in but so far the storyline is intriguing and I am curious to see what happens next.
Kaia Poole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kaia Poole »

Right now I am rereading "Where the Red Fern Grows", I remember reading it when I was little. I repurchased it a while back and it has sat on my bookshelf for quite some time. I really enjoy rereading books from my childhood, I don't know if it's just me.
Hannah Oakey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 186
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-oakey.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer
Reading Device: B09BFPTTV4

Post by Hannah Oakey »

I decided to branch out into a new fantasy series while I was on holiday. I am currently on the second book of the Farseer trilogy by Robin Hobb. It's called Royal Assassin and so far I am really impressed. I find that they are very well written books. She really knows how to eke out your emotions. I have laughed, cried and felt anger along with the characters.
DavidB52

Post by DavidB52 »

"West of Eden" by Harry Harrison

Written about 1984 and seems to be out of print.
I had to apply for an inter-library loan from out of town to get a copy.

It is Science Fiction, based on the premise that the asteroid hit 65 million years ago that wiped out the dinosaurs did not happen.

It is a scenario that I have wondered about myself quite often.
Would reptiles continued to have evolve into sentient beings (perhaps WE would be cold-blooded today)? Would we be 65 million years more advanced than we are now? Would mammals have evolved too? Given that the asteroid strike was against the odds, does that mean, if life did evolve on other planets, chances are better that such life would be reptile than mammal? etc., etc. A fascinating concept.

In any case, this book is science fiction. An entertaining story that does not answer all the questions.
Angie Brennan
Currently Reading: November 9
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Angie Brennan »

I am currently reading November 9 by Colleen Hoover. I have been binge reading her books this summer.
jd01
Currently Reading:

Post by jd01 »

Just finished writing and reading (many times) Salt & Light; The Complete Jesus I think it is a great read!
Leslie Kunde
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: All Souls Trilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leslie-kunde.html
Latest Review: The Fantastical Keys of Darius Newton Archibank by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Leslie Kunde »

I am reading Fascism: A Warning, written by Madeleine Albright
I love the way she writes. Many books like this are dry reading stuffed with facts and lacking any feeling. She has such a flare for the written word.
Benzel919+++
Currently Reading:

Post by Benzel919+++ »

8) I'm reading Tracy's Tiger by William Saroyan. This book resonates with me, I always felt I had a tiger pacing around inside myself as he has. Eventually his tiger (which is really a black panther) becomes seen by everyone after years when he was the only person he thought saw the tiger. One day when he's much older a tiger escaped from the zoo and walked beside him. I think it's a metaphor for his strength and boldness. This is my favorite book so far.
Sydney Ash
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Where the Crawdads Sing
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sydney-ash.html
Latest Review: Tyler's Promised Gift by M. C. Abushar

Post by Sydney Ash »

I am currently reading Verity, by Colleen Hoover. I am only one page 30 but I have heard really good things about it.
Nandita Tigga
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Nandita Tigga »

Dixi wrote: 29 May 2009, 08:49 Hello, You may think that I may be too late here but to tell you I am on my second day reading "Harry Potter Book 1" :lol: , I watched all it's movies. But I think right now the book is more interesting, well, all of us would like to see audio visual effects on that movie, but I think my brain is more imaginative while reading this book :lol: , any suggestions what books more interesting to read? Thanks anyway.
you are not at all late I started reading it 2-3 months back and now I am reading the last one. Even I have watched the movies twice but while reading the Book I don't seem to remember anything. And i totally agree with the imaginative part. Enjoy your reading. :)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

A reread of Evil Under the Sun by Agatha Christie.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

I am currently reading Soul Train by T. C Husvar and so far so good. It's quite engaging and I hope it holds up.
Barbaraweatherly Weatherly
Currently Reading: Grace More than we deserve
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Barbaraweatherly Weatherly »

I am reading Need to know How to arm yourself and survive on the healhcare battlefield. by Darwin Hale i haven't read enough to form an opinion yet. the author is a retired lt colonel. So far he has discussed health insurance issues his mother had, which gave him the idea to start a company named Advocate Health Advisors. He has discussed that our healthcare (US) system is broken and hasn't changed it's approach since 1905. that's all i have so far. :?
brena014
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by brena014 »

Currently reading "Ugly love" bby colleen hoover.
Ammarah Azhar Khan
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ammarah-azhar-1.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Ammarah Azhar Khan »

I am reading Killing Abel by Fratricide.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”