Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2774

Scott Fling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott-fling.html
Latest Review: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL by Tim Outlaw

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by Scott Fling »

'My Sisters' Keeper' - even when I reread it I still cry
'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' - It was Dobby and Fred that made me cry!
'The Book Thief' - a great book and it was so real it was sad
Scott Fling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scott-fling.html
Latest Review: GOD'S PLAN FOR YOU: 21-DAY DEVOTIONAL by Tim Outlaw

Post by Scott Fling »

I've cried several times over books. Baltimore, by Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden, had me crying at Lord Baltimore's more tragic experiences
stephastrin1438
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephastrin1438.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by stephastrin1438 »

A book that had me crying like a baby was The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. I read it when it first came out several years ago and then I was so excited when they made it into a movie. Once I saw the movie, I cried then too. Such a touching and heartwarming story. Definitely a story of true love. Stands as one of my favorite books to this day.
Aarya Gondkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarya-gondkar.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Aarya Gondkar »

'The Fault In Our Stars' will always continue to be my favourite comfort book. I have always shed a tear or two whenever my favourite character in it died.
"Those who don't believe in magic will never find it."-roald dahl
Seth_JP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seth-jp.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Seth_JP »

Golden Dynasty by Kristen Ashley.... Probably most books by Marian Tee.
Flavia Martinez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Flavia Martinez »

I once read a short story about a boy who could feel and absorb people's negative feelings when he touched them (skin to skin). He could feel their sadness, anxiety, jealousy, etc. Once he touched someone else skin, he naturally felt and took away those negative feelings from them (he couldn't help it or control it). He was like a real-life, walking analgesic for suffering and pain. The bad part was that by taking away the pains and sorrow of people, he gave part of his soul. A beautiful and tragic moral dilemma that made me cry while reading in the middle of a flight.
ChrissyN13
Favorite Book: A ​Court of Silver Flames
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 924
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrissyn13.html
Latest Review: Murder in the Garbage by Jerry A Greenberg

Post by ChrissyN13 »

I'm not someone that cries very often, but The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller is definitely a tear-jerker.
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

My all time favourite The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. I cry like a baby every time I read it and the 1982 animated movie gets me every time too!
KONEKO93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by KONEKO93 »

A grave of fireflies by Nosaka Akiyuki
Bookswithing
Currently Reading: The Half Brother
Bookshelf Size: 1222

Post by Bookswithing »

Philip Pullman's The Subtle Knife, second book in the His Dark Materials trilogy. Part of the way in, one of the witches has been captured and is being tortured by Mrs Coulter. The witch calls upon Yambe-Akka, Goddess of Death for the witches, to 'save' her" "Yambe-Akka, come to me!" Clan queen Serafina Pekkala flies in to relieve her suffering as she cannot possibly rescue her. It's not the action, it's all in the descriptive writing. I'm tearing up just thinking about it...

The first time I this passage, I was on a tram on the way to work. People actually checked in to make sure I was ok, as I sat there with tears running down my face, mopping myself up with tissues. Of course explaining I was fine and it was a book was a bit embarrassing, but one lady was quite interested. She may've ended up reading it and thought I was a complete wuss.

A year or so later, I was rereading it. I was on public transport again, as my commutes used to be my best reading time - up to two hours a day, just to read! Bliss. Got to the same bit, knew it was coming, remembered my emotional response to it the first time and... ...cried again.

I'm yet to read it a third time but I'm sure I'll cry then too. I got a bit weepy double checking spelling of the names!
chandlermyer
Favorite Book: Jayne and the Average North Dakotan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by chandlermyer »

A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara.
Ma Leonarda Castañares
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-leonarda-casta-ares.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Ma Leonarda Castañares »

I cried at “The Mindf*ck Series” by S.T abby. The backstory of the main character is just so tragic and heartbreaking.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Donna Walker
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vitality System
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donna-walker.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Donna Walker »

I have cried while reading many books. The one that gets me every time, and I have read this book over and over again, is The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle.
DigitalInstitute

Post by DigitalInstitute »

"The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green:
"A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness:
"The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks:
"The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein:
"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini

If you know more about Digital Marketing visit our site which is best Digital Marketing Institute In Raipur
bestdigitalmarketingcourseinraipur

Post by bestdigitalmarketingcourseinraipur »

As a machine learning model, I do not have the ability to feel emotions such as crying. However, I can tell you about books that are known to be emotionally powerful and have moved readers to tears.

One such book is "The Fault in Our Stars" by John Green. The story follows two teenagers, Hazel and Gus, who fall in love while both battling cancer. The book deals with themes of love, loss, and the beauty of life and has been known to move readers to tears with its powerful and emotional narrative.

Another book that is known to evoke strong emotions is "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak. The story is set in Nazi Germany and tells the story of a young girl, Liesel, who steals books to escape the reality of the war. The book deals with themes of loss, love, and the power of literature and has been known to move readers to tears with its powerful and emotional narrative.

"A Monster Calls" by Patrick Ness is a story about a boy, Conor, who is struggling to come to terms with his mother's terminal illness and the emotions that come with it. The book deals with themes of grief, loss, and the power of storytelling and has been known to move readers to tears with its powerful and emotional narrative.

"The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks is another novel that is known to evoke strong emotions. The story is a romance novel that tells the story of Noah and Allie and their love story. The book deals with themes of love, loss, and the power of memories and has been known to move readers to tears with its powerful and emotional narrative.

Please note, that different books can affect people differently, and what may move one reader to tears may not have the same impact on another reader.

VIDA Teach Best Digital Marketing Course in Raipur

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”