Books that have made you cry?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.

Ever cried at a book?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes: 2780

PAMELA MUGENI
Favorite Author: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 2734

Re: Books that have made you cry?

Post by PAMELA MUGENI »

Some of Danielle steel books have made me cry and excited at the same time especially the children in the characters.The tend to suffer for no particular reason as victims of circumstances
Hykaryh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hykaryh.html
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 130%

Post by Hykaryh »

The last book that makes me cry: The latern of lost memorie by Higari Sanaka.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I cry at so many books that I have lost count but the ones that I found heart wrenching are "In the Memory of the forest" by Charles T Powers (one of the most amazing books I have ever read) and "Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources" by Marcel Pagnol. But I also have to admit that the James Herriot books made me laugh and cry in equal measure.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

When I was a teen and into YA, Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare literally sent me into a crisis and made me inconsolable for three weeks. To this day I refuse to think about how that book ended and can't reread it.
Joe Muriuki
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joe-muriuki.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joe Muriuki »

I'm reminded of a book written by an author whose pen name was James Hardly Chase that I read when I a small boy. It was called "Like a hole in the head." The narrator and I became friends. Unfortunately the epilogue was a newspaper report that in the morning the police broke into his house and there he was - dead - with a bullet in the head. I cried, bitterly cried. It was the last book by the author I read. I hated him for killing my friend.
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

Narrative on the Life of Frederick Douglass, an American Slave". If you can read this book without feeling some of this mans pain, then you are not human.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

Oh yeah, books can totally make you cry! There are some really popular ones that are known for getting readers teary-eyed like "Where the Red Fern Grows," "The Curious Matter of Making Readers Cry," and "A Walk to Remember." It all depends on how deep the characters are, how the author writes, and your own experiences. Everyone's emotional response is different!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Many parenting books touch me deeply as they remind me of the struggles and challenges in my life.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The Monster of Florence
Bookshelf Size: 37
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 6%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

I was probably still a teenager when I read the Harry Potter series and I fell in love with it. This was almost 20 years ago.

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince by JK Rowling
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

I cry at so many books that I have lost count but the ones that I found heart wrenching are "In the Memory of the forest" by Charles T Powers (one of the most amazing books I have ever read) and "Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources" by Marcel Pagnol. But I also have to admit that the James Herriot books made me laugh and cry in equal measure.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”