What book do you want to read next?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Re: What book do you want to read next?

Post by Gerry Steen »

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 04:43 The book is about the story of those who were stranded on Buru Island during the anti-left era in Indonesia in 1965. The Buru Quartet by Pramoedya Ananta Toer.
Hi, Tomy. Thank you for stopping by and letting us know about this book. Can you come back later and let us know what you thought of the book? :techie-studyinggray:
Maria Lepre
Favorite Author: Umberto Eco
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-lepre.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
fav_author_id: 3190

Post by Maria Lepre »

In my programs there are many books, but one I'm looking forward to read is Fahrenheit 451, I've just buy it and I can't wait!
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
wedwilson
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 2460
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by wedwilson »

The Will of the World: (The Intention Series, #1) by M.J. Lindemann
Joy Habuya
Currently Reading: The Maidens
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-habuya.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 105%

Post by Joy Habuya »

"Wuthering Heights" has been on my to-read list for a while. It's a classic known for its passionate and complex story. I'm drawn to the dark and wild atmosphere of the Yorkshire moors and the intense relationship between Heathcliff and Catherine. It sounds like a story that will stay with me long after I finish the last page.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Maria Lepre wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 06:20 In my programs there are many books, but one I'm looking forward to read is Fahrenheit 451, I've just buy it and I can't wait!
Hi Maria. Thank you for leaving a comment. I hope you enjoy Fahrenheit 451. Please let us know what you think about the book once you have finished reading it. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

wedwilson wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 12:28 The Will of the World: (The Intention Series, #1) by M.J. Lindemann
i hope you enjoy reading The Will of the World. Please let us know what you think of the book after you finish reading it. Thanks for stopping by. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Joy Habuya wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 12:43 "Wuthering Heights" has been on my to-read list for a while. It's a classic known for its passionate and complex story. I'm drawn to the dark and wild atmosphere of the Yorkshire moors and the intense relationship between Heathcliff and Catherine. It sounds like a story that will stay with me long after I finish the last page.
Hi, Joy. If I am not mistaken, you are the second person to state that they want to read Wuthering Heights. It must be a good book. Please let us know what you think of the book after you finish reading it. Thanks for stopping by and posting your comment. :techie-studyinggray:
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I am finishing up The Collective, which is about a group of mothers who lost children and seek revenge. Kinda heavy so next book may be romance or something haha
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Kristin Cowan wrote: 03 Apr 2024, 18:44 I am finishing up The Collective, which is about a group of mothers who lost children and seek revenge. Kinda heavy so next book may be romance or something haha
Hi, Kristin. The Collective does sound like a heavy book. I hope that the romance you choose is more carefree. The next book I want to read is Do You Really Want to Know? by Kate Fraser. It is a story about a family of Holocaust survivors from the Second World War. I just finished reading The Blandford Fly. It was a collection of four short stories. I enjoyed reading them. Thank you for leaving your comments about the books you are reading. Let us know about the romance that you choose to read. Enjoy!
Ludovica Peruzzi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

I've had Deathless by Catherynne Valente on my list for a while and even bought it. The thing is, to me, every book has a specific seasonal feel, and needs to be read in that specific season for best results - and Deathless feels like a winter book to me, so I've missed my window for this year. Doesn't help that global warming made it so winter only lasted like, two weeks, so that window is only going to get smaller and smaller.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Ludovica Peruzzi wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 08:02 I've had Deathless by Catherynne Valente on my list for a while and even bought it. The thing is, to me, every book has a specific seasonal feel, and needs to be read in that specific season for best results - and Deathless feels like a winter book to me, so I've missed my window for this year. Doesn't help that global warming made it so winter only lasted like, two weeks, so that window is only going to get smaller and smaller.
So, I guess you will start to read Deathless by Catherrynne Valente on December 21st,2024. Let us know what the book was like when you finish it. What are you going to read for the summer? Let us know. Thank you for leaving your feedback, Ludovica. :techie-studyinggray:
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: Shades of Rust and Ruin
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 16%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

I'm looking forward to reading "Blunder" by Zachary Shore. The book's focus is why smart people make bad decisions. Hopefully, this smart girl hasn't blundered by borrowing this one from the library. :)
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

DanaLohn wrote: 11 Apr 2024, 15:36 I'm looking forward to reading "Blunder" by Zachary Shore. The book's focus is why smart people make bad decisions. Hopefully, this smart girl hasn't blundered by borrowing this one from the library. :)
Hi, I hope this choice of book does not end up a blunder. Let us know what you learned after you read the book. Thank you for commenting. :techie-studyinggray:
Silvia Sianto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20

Post by Silvia Sianto »

I haven't planned about it. I am interested to read non-fiction books. I will definitely select the book which will improve my career from this genre.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Silvia Sianto wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 07:45 I haven't planned about it. I am interested to read non-fiction books. I will definitely select the book which will improve my career from this genre.
Hi, Silvia. Thank you for posting a comment. Here is a list of non-fiction books that may help to improve your career. I read these books and reviewed them. Beside each title, I added the link to my review. I hope this helps you to select a book. :tiphat:

"Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=386131

"From Burnout to Belonging" by Kimberly Carozzi. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=399394

"Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=404856

"How To Be Successful" by M. Curtis McCoy. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=423876

"How to be a SuperStar Salesperson" by Audri White. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=447774

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”