What book do you want to read next?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Re: What book do you want to read next?

Post by Gerry Steen »

Chockanathan G wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 03:51 I haven't planned about it. I am interested to read non-fiction books. I will definitely select the book which will improve my career from this genre.
Hello again, Chockanathan, here is a link to my review of From Burnout to Belonging. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=399394 This is another book that will help you improve your career. let me know what you think. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Gerry Steen wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 22:31 I finished reading Of Zots and Xoodles. The jargon used was quite intellectual. It was a fun story. Theodil the creator throws the dice to get the creation of the universe started. He has an audience, a committee who constantly complain about how the creation of the universe is happening. The voices of this committee read like they are straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. The phrases they speak are in the style of an anapestic meter used by Dr. Seuss in many of his children's books. This was the delightful aspect of the book.

The zots and xoodles have a mind of their own. They are really chaotic molecules that are constantly growing, changing shape, and colliding. They are the beginnings of the universe.

There is a child who answers philosophically to the anxious comments of the committee. There is also an internuncio who announces the different stages in the creation of the universe.

The artwork throughout the book is cartoonish and full of action. I enjoyed this book that was created by two people on the autism spectrum.

if you want to read something different, read this book.

The next book I want to read is..... Gaudzilla by Judy Juanita. It is a book of poetry that covers social issues from the 1950's to 1980's in the USA. Stay tuned. I will let you know all about it. What book are you reading next?? :techie-studyinggray:
Hi, everyone, I finished reading Gawdzilla by Judy Juanita. This book of poetry was interesting. Juanita uses the words Godzilla and Gawdzilla interchangeably throughout the book. I learned that Godzilla was created and used by the Japanese as a metaphor for the evil of nuclear war. Juanita uses Gawdzilla to represent the evils in American society as witnessed by African Americans. Juanita writes poems about several African Americans and events involving African Americans. I googled a lot to both refresh my memory and learn about these people and events. Through Juanita's poems, I had the opportunity to experience what she had experienced in her lifetime as an African American woman. If this sounds interesting to you, my review of Gawdzilla should be published soon. Stay tuned! The next book I want to review is Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber M.D. :techie-studyinggray:
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

I need to finish the Great Migration series since that was the book of the month and I enjoyed it!
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Kristin Cowan wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 15:13 I need to finish the Great Migration series since that was the book of the month and I enjoyed it!
Hi, Kristin, What did you enjoy about the Great Migration series? Let us know if you wish to. Thank you for contributing to this discussion. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

I finished reading A Grand Slam Life. It is a book written by Dr. Milton Haber who serves the community of Laredo, Texas. He is a doctor who truly cares about his patients and who has always gone the extra mile for each of them. He also shares his experience with Covid-19 as he landed in the hospital and needed the care that he usually gives people. He is an interesting storyteller. If anyone would like to read my review of this book, here is the link. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=416665
Ciao for now! :techie-studyinggray:
revathy sw
Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-sw.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury

Post by revathy sw »

Wuthering Heights. I read it when I was in school. I want to read it again because I feel like I will appreciate it more now. Also Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, because it is a popular book and I've heard good reviews about it.
Just an average book-lover bumbling through life :tiphat:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

revathy sw wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 15:13 Wuthering Heights. I read it when I was in school. I want to read it again because I feel like I will appreciate it more now. Also Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, because it is a popular book and I've heard good reviews about it.
Hi, thank you for participating in this forum. Let us know what you think of Wuthering Heights after you have read it for the second time. It will be interesting to know how much more you appreciate it than when you were in school. If you read Siddhartha, give us your feedback about that book as well. Take care. :techie-studyinggray:
revathy sw
Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-sw.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury

Post by revathy sw »

Gerry Steen wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 20:53
revathy sw wrote: 26 Jan 2024, 15:13 Wuthering Heights. I read it when I was in school. I want to read it again because I feel like I will appreciate it more now. Also Siddhartha by Hermann Hesse, because it is a popular book and I've heard good reviews about it.
Hi, thank you for participating in this forum. Let us know what you think of Wuthering Heights after you have read it for the second time. It will be interesting to know how much more you appreciate it than when you were in school. If you read Siddhartha, give us your feedback about that book as well. Take care. :techie-studyinggray:
I will most definitely post my honest reviews of both these books. I'm glad I could participate in the forum. Thank you :tiphat:
Just an average book-lover bumbling through life :tiphat:
Kristin Cowan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: Get Out of My Bed by Shirley Wooten Rose

Post by Kristin Cowan »

Gerry Steen wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 22:54
Kristin Cowan wrote: 23 Jan 2024, 15:13 I need to finish the Great Migration series since that was the book of the month and I enjoyed it!
Hi, Kristin, What did you enjoy about the Great Migration series? Let us know if you wish to. Thank you for contributing to this discussion. :techie-studyinggray:
It was a great world-building book and the plot took off right away. So much happened during the first book and so much potential for things to come! Highly recommend if you like fantasy/suspense series.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Kristin Cowan wrote: 02 Feb 2024, 14:15
Gerry Steen wrote: 24 Jan 2024, 22:54
It was a great world-building book and the plot took off right away. So much happened during the first book and so much potential for things to come! Highly recommend if you like fantasy/suspense series.
Hi, Kristin, thank you for your feedback about the Great Migration series. I am sure a lot of people want to know about this book and the series. :techie-studyinggray:
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

I have never finished a fiction book in my life. I would love to read some fiction and I would start with the Harry Potter series first.
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

I'm about to read "Entanglement" and I'm really hoping to get a read-a-long buddy.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Pranav Dewangan wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 08:49 I have never finished a fiction book in my life. I would love to read some fiction and I would start with the Harry Potter series first.
Hi, Pranav, I read a lot of non-fiction. I rarely read fiction. However, to take a break, I will read a fiction novel occasionally. I like to escape into a different world once in a while. The Harry Potter series will help you to do this. Let us know your feedback about the Harry Potter stories. :tiphat:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Tobiloba Christiana wrote: 09 Feb 2024, 10:20 I'm about to read "Entanglement" and I'm really hoping to get a read-a-long buddy.
Hi, Tobiloba, I hope somebody from this forum will let you know that they'll be your read-along buddy for the book entitled Entanglement. So come on people! Don't be shy! Who wants to be Tobiloba's read-along buddy? :techie-reference:
Tomy Chandrafrost
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The book is about the story of those who were stranded on Buru Island during the anti-left era in Indonesia in 1965. The Buru Quartet by Pramoedya Ananta Toer.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”