What book do you want to read next?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Ludovica Peruzzi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Blockhead
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ludovica-peruzzi.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Re: What book do you want to read next?

Post by Ludovica Peruzzi »

Joy Habuya wrote: 25 Mar 2024, 12:43 "Wuthering Heights" has been on my to-read list for a while. It's a classic known for its passionate and complex story. I'm drawn to the dark and wild atmosphere of the Yorkshire moors and the intense relationship between Heathcliff and Catherine. It sounds like a story that will stay with me long after I finish the last page.
Oh, definitely do read it! It's my favorite classic, and desperately needs more love because of how many people misunderstand it. Anything you can possibly think of, any general theme that has haunted humanity for ages, is in there. It's got a huge potential for literary analysis and no matter how many times you read it, new stuff will jump out at you. Kinda like poetry in that way.
Ludovica Peruzzi

Gerry Steen wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 23:41
Ludovica Peruzzi wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 08:02 I've had Deathless by Catherynne Valente on my list for a while and even bought it. The thing is, to me, every book has a specific seasonal feel, and needs to be read in that specific season for best results - and Deathless feels like a winter book to me, so I've missed my window for this year. Doesn't help that global warming made it so winter only lasted like, two weeks, so that window is only going to get smaller and smaller.
So, I guess you will start to read Deathless by Catherrynne Valente on December 21st,2024. Let us know what the book was like when you finish it. What are you going to read for the summer? Let us know. Thank you for leaving your feedback, Ludovica. :techie-studyinggray:
I have no idea about this summer yet. It's a season for lighter reads, so I'm thinking some YA, maybe. Right now I'm mostly reading light novels 'cause that's all my brain can handle but any recs will be appreciated!
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

Ludovica Peruzzi wrote: 13 Apr 2024, 19:26
Ludovica Peruzzi wrote: 10 Apr 2024, 08:02 I've had Deathless by Catherynne Valente on my list for a while and even bought it. The thing is, to me, every book has a specific seasonal feel, and needs to be read in that specific season for best results - and Deathless feels like a winter book to me, so I've missed my window for this year. Doesn't help that global warming made it so winter only lasted like, two weeks, so that window is only going to get smaller and smaller.
So, I guess you will start to read Deathless by Catherrynne Valente on December 21st,2024. Let us know what the book was like when you finish it. What are you going to read for the summer? Let us know. Thank you for leaving your feedback, Ludovica. :techie-studyinggray:
I have no idea about this summer yet. It's a season for lighter reads, so I'm thinking some YA, maybe. Right now I'm mostly reading light novels 'cause that's all my brain can handle but any recs will be appreciated!
Hi, Ludovica. Here is a list of some easy novels, novellas. and short stories I have read and reviewed. I added the link to my review of each one beside the title. Maybe one of these books will interest you, or maybe not. Good luck and happy reading.

Links for fiction novels and novellas and short stories.

"Tour of Duty" by William H. Coles. viewtopic.php?f=63&t=373249

"Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=388068

"Catch a Falling Star" by Keith Julius. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=396392

"A King Amongst Us" by A.D. Lewis. viewtopic.php?f=22&t=403178

"Of Zots and Xoodles" by Zarqnon the Embarrassed. viewtopic.php?f=21&t=406675

"The Adventures of Uncle Billy & Ross" by Solon Phillips, Esq. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=436741

"Not Fishy Enough" by Briton Kolber. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=454369

"The Blandford Fly" by D.N. Moore. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=461855
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Winning at Leading Women In Leadership by Ronica Watkins, PhD

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I think historical fiction or stories about Jews, Germans, and Christianity would make an interesting reading list.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 05:31 I think historical fiction or stories about Jews, Germans, and Christianity would make an interesting reading list.
Hi, Tomy. I recently had a review published about the book entitled Do You Really Want To Know by Kate Fraser. It is a story about how the lives of Jewish and German families intersect in post WW2 New York. The events that they struggle with happened in Hungary during the Second World War. Here is the link to my review if anyone is interested. :techie-studyinggray: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=467441
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy
Bookshelf Size: 58
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 10%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

Obsidian Tomorrow by Chad Wannamaker. According to the previous days reviews it looks like a good read and I cannot wait to try it.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Jabulile Mahlangu 1 wrote: 24 Apr 2024, 22:14 Obsidian Tomorrow by Chad Wannamaker. According to the previous days reviews it looks like a good read and I cannot wait to try it.
Hi, Jabulile. The author of this book and the reviewers will be happy to know that you want to read this book. When you are finished the book, let us know your feedback. Have a great day! :tiphat:
wedwilson
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 38
fav_author_id: 2460
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by wedwilson »

I'm Thinking about Gone with the Wind to read
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

wedwilson wrote: 25 Apr 2024, 11:37 I'm Thinking about Gone with the Wind to read
Hi. I heard that this is the second favorite book of American readers, just behind the Bible. Enjoy! :techie-studyinggray:
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

I cannot wait to get my hands on the next Daniel Silva book, his next installment in the Gabriel Allon series. They come out each summer and it’s always a true highlight of the summer for me. ALWAYS.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Dana Lawrence Lohn wrote: 04 May 2024, 09:31 I cannot wait to get my hands on the next Daniel Silva book, his next installment in the Gabriel Allon series. They come out each summer and it’s always a true highlight of the summer for me. ALWAYS.
Hi, Dana. I googled the Gabriel Allon series. According to Google the next thriller book is entitled A Death at Cornwall. Enjoy! Let us know your feedback about the book after you have finished reading it. :tiphat:
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 19%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

Ludovica, isn’t it beautiful how the summer coming inspires us to lighten and heat up our reading? YA is so much fun for that. Each year, I subconsciously read the heavy literature in the dark of winter and the beautiful lightness in the peak of summer. Xo
Ludovica Peruzzi

Dana Lawrence Lohn wrote: 04 May 2024, 21:23

Ludovica, isn’t it beautiful how the summer coming inspires us to lighten and heat up our reading? YA is so much fun for that. Each year, I subconsciously read the heavy literature in the dark of winter and the beautiful lightness in the peak of summer. Xo
Oh, you're right! I wonder why that is. For me, part of it is definitely not wanting to bring heavy books to the beach. Also, after a whole year of studying/working, I guess having a mental break is nice.
Ludovica Peruzzi

Gerry Steen wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 19:22

Hi, Ludovica. Here is a list of some easy novels, novellas. and short stories I have read and reviewed. I added the link to my review of each one beside the title. Maybe one of these books will interest you, or maybe not. Good luck and happy reading.

"The Adventures of Uncle Billy & Ross" by Solon Phillips, Esq. viewtopic.php?f=53&t=436741

Hi Gerry, thank you for all your recs. It's almost summer time so I've started taking notes. I'll definitely check out some of these, and your reviews as well.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Ludovica Peruzzi wrote: 05 May 2024, 09:13
Gerry Steen wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 19:22

Hi Gerry, thank you for all your recs. It's almost summer time so I've started taking notes. I'll definitely check out some of these, and your reviews as well.
Hi, Ludovica. You are very welcome. I noticed you reviewed Fireproof Happiness. I read and enjoyed this book. I will check out your review and leave a reply. Have a good day. :tiphat:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”