What book do you want to read next?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 173
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

What book do you want to read next?

Post by Gerry Steen »

I want to read Of Zots and Xoodles: Theodil Creates a Universe by Zarqnon The Embarrassed. It is a book written by an author who is on the autistic spectrum. He writes his speculations on how the universe came to be. I think I might learn more about how an autistic mind works. :techie-studyingbrown:
Kostas Doumas
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Favorite Book: Swimming in the Dark
Currently Reading: A Taste of Gold and Iron
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kostas-doumas.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 17951
2024 Reading Goal: 27
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Kostas Doumas »

I would love to read A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. It's one of the must-read queer books and I've been wanting to read it for a while now.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Kostas Doumas wrote: 17 Dec 2023, 15:35 I would love to read A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. It's one of the must-read queer books and I've been wanting to read it for a while now.
Hi, Kostas, I hope you enjoy the book. You can reply again to this post to share what you think about the book. Once I finish reading Of Zots and Xoodles, I will share my thoughts. Take care and happy reading. :techie-studyingbrown:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

I finished reading Of Zots and Xoodles. The jargon used was quite intellectual. It was a fun story. Theodil the creator throws the dice to get the creation of the universe started. He has an audience, a committee who constantly complain about how the creation of the universe is happening. The voices of this committee read like they are straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. The phrases they speak are in the style of an anapestic meter used by Dr. Seuss in many of his children's books. This was the delightful aspect of the book.

The zots and xoodles have a mind of their own. They are really chaotic molecules that are constantly growing, changing shape, and colliding. They are the beginnings of the universe.

There is a child who answers philosophically to the anxious comments of the committee. There is also an internuncio who announces the different stages in the creation of the universe.

The artwork throughout the book is cartoonish and full of action. I enjoyed this book that was created by two people on the autism spectrum.

if you want to read something different, read this book.

The next book I want to read is..... Gaudzilla by Judy Juanita. It is a book of poetry that covers social issues from the 1950's to 1980's in the USA. Stay tuned. I will let you know all about it. What book are you reading next?? :techie-studyinggray:
Cara Wilding
Favorite Book: Sierra Six
Currently Reading: Global Vice
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cara-wilding.html
Latest Review: Family Business by James Jack Fauser
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Cara Wilding »

I feel like this is a difficult question to answer since I'm always reading 3 or 4 books at a time! Today I read a review of "28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir" that Kathy Smith 16 wrote, and I immediately wanted to read it! I've been looking at it for a while, but kept scrolling past it. After the few examples she gave that made me relate unquestionably and laugh out loud...I was a goner! I've been reading some heavier material, so I feel like this book would give me the levity I need right now! Great question Gerry! Until next time...
:tiphat:
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Gerry Steen wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 22:31 The next book I want to read is..... Gaudzilla by Judy Juanita. It is a book of poetry that covers social issues from the 1950's to 1980's in the USA. Stay tuned. I will let you know all about it. What book are you reading next?? :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry, what is it about this particular book that makes you want to read it?! Until next time...
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Cara Wilding wrote: 21 Dec 2023, 14:17
Gerry Steen wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 22:31 The next book I want to read is..... Gaudzilla by Judy Juanita. It is a book of poetry that covers social issues from the 1950's to 1980's in the USA. Stay tuned. I will let you know all about it. What book are you reading next?? :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry, what is it about this particular book that makes you want to read it?! Until next time...
Hi, Cara, I want to understand more about racial issues and what people who speak out about these issues have to say. I am curious to see what understanding the poetry will give me. :techie-studyinggray:
Cara Wilding

Post by Cara Wilding »

Gerry Steen wrote: 22 Dec 2023, 01:15 Hi, Cara, I want to understand more about racial issues and what people who speak out about these issues have to say. I am curious to see what understanding the poetry will give me. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry, being curious is such a great quality in a person! Kudos to you! We have our entire lifetimes to learn and experience the world...but it seems it is only in the latter half we have the "time" to commit to that learning. I love your reason for why you want this to be your next read. Until next time...
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Cara Wilding wrote: 21 Dec 2023, 14:15 I feel like this is a difficult question to answer since I'm always reading 3 or 4 books at a time! Today I read a review of "28 Disastrous Dates: A (Mostly True) Humourous Memoir" that Kathy Smith 16 wrote, and I immediately wanted to read it! I've been looking at it for a while, but kept scrolling past it. After the few examples she gave that made me relate unquestionably and laugh out loud...I was a goner! I've been reading some heavier material, so I feel like this book would give me the levity I need right now! Great question Gerry! Until next time...
Hi, Cara, I hope the book 28 Disastrous Dates gives you the levity you were looking for. Let me know what you think of the book once you have finished it. Ciao for now! :techie-studyinggray:
João Ramos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jo-o-ramos.html
Latest Review: Impromptu by Reid Hoffman

Post by João Ramos »

The Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle.
After a long time, I am studying Ancient Greece in more depth. Not only am I reading philosophy books, but also some Cambridge history books.
Zanne Crystle
Favorite Book: Rules of Redemption (The Firebird Chronicles Book 1)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zanne-crystle.html
Latest Review: The Art of Being Difficult by William Chekhov

Post by Zanne Crystle »

I would like to read Trials of Conviction by T.A. White, which is the fifth book in the Firebird Chronicles series. I really enjoy this series because it has a lot of action that takes place on different planets with various alien races. The protagonist is a strong female character, and there is a great friendship portrayed throughout the series. Also, there is a bit of romance that doesn't overshadow the main plot.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

João Ramos wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 17:30 The Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle.
After a long time, I am studying Ancient Greece in more depth. Not only am I reading philosophy books, but also some Cambridge history books.
Hi, Joao, I hope you are doing well. Thank you for responding to this post! Let me know what you think of The Nicomachean Ethics by Aristotle. I am looking forward to hearing from you again! :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Zanne Crystle wrote: 02 Jan 2024, 18:09 I would like to read Trials of Conviction by T.A. White, which is the fifth book in the Firebird Chronicles series. I really enjoy this series because it has a lot of action that takes place on different planets with various alien races. The protagonist is a strong female character, and there is a great friendship portrayed throughout the series. Also, there is a bit of romance that doesn't overshadow the main plot.
Hi, Zanne, thank you for replying to this post. Let me know what you think of Trials of Conviction by T.A. White when you have finished reading the book. I am sure other readers will want to know what you think. :techie-studyinggray:
Chockanathan G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chockanathan-g.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Chockanathan G »

I haven't planned about it. I am interested to read non-fiction books. I will definitely select the book which will improve my career from this genre.
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Chockanathan G wrote: 03 Jan 2024, 03:51 I haven't planned about it. I am interested to read non-fiction books. I will definitely select the book which will improve my career from this genre.
Hi, Chockanathan, thank you for participating in this post. I appreciate it. I read a lot of non-fiction also. You might be interested in the book entitled Niching Up. Here is the link to my review of this book. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=404856 Let me know your thoughts. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”