What kinds of books do you like to read?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Journey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Journey »

I enjoy reading everything from plays to biographies, self-help to farming. But my all time favorite books are historical fiction, and I would pick a good one of these over almost anything else.
icandoit

Post by icandoit »

I like to read true story
murder mystery suspence ,humour some history books,scoentific alittle horroe and funny 8)
RILENTLISS
Favorite Author: Mealea Mathews
Favorite Book: Great Expectations
Currently Reading: The Giver
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rilentliss.html
Latest Review: "Our True Origin The Real History of Man" by Scott P. Davis
fav_author_id: 1967

Post by RILENTLISS »

Sci Fi/Non-Fiction/ Fantasy/Mystery
Latest Review: "Our True Origin The Real History of Man" by Scott P. Davis
npandit
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-npandit.html
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen

Post by npandit »

These days I prefer non-fiction books, or fictional books that are based on real life events or people, because I like learning about real people. I also like reading certain kinds of poetry.
Latest Review: "Travel Instincts" by James C. Jensen
Jen319164
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen319164.html
Latest Review: "Wishes" by Leila Virou

Post by Jen319164 »

Fiction by far is my favorite because it is one of the only books that makes the impossible possible and enthrawls the reader with adventure
Latest Review: "Wishes" by Leila Virou
bintamir

Post by bintamir »

I love fiction, but I also like Christian base books.
SJayne
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sjayne.html

Post by SJayne »

I go through phases but in general I like crime and thriller novels, and historical fiction. I also like general fiction and YA ficiton. I'm particularly drawn to strong female protagonists.
shanson1
Favorite Author: Simon Black
Favorite Book: The Book Of Frank
Currently Reading: The Source
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanson1.html

Post by shanson1 »

I love to read fiction books. To be more specific, I love romance fiction. Supernatural romance fiction, such as Sherilyn Kenyon books and Kresley Cole books. And historical romance fiction like books from Emma Holly, or Cheryl Holt.
Fiction books are a whole other world that pulls me in, inspires, and sets dreams and goals.
JessiFox
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessifox.html

Post by JessiFox »

I've always loved fiction...particularly sci-fi kind of stuff. I love being taken into another world altogether, getting a brilliant little peek into someone else's imagination. I also love sci-fi/horror/psychological thrillers that have some fiction elements that seem like they COULD be feasible in real life. I do have a weakness for Dystopians.
K_Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-k-robinson.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Post by K_Robinson »

I really like a little bit of everything (with the exception of textbooks). Fiction, nonfiction, memoirs, biographies, sci-fi, romance, suspense, thrillers...anything! I don't have one favorite type of book; just anything I can get my hands on :)
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger
AMP76
Favorite Author: Paulo Coelho
Favorite Book: Consilience
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amp76.html
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
fav_author_id: 2451

Post by AMP76 »

Its easier if I list what I won't read: romance novels or chick lit, self help books. Pretty much everything else is fair game.
Adventure...one part stupidty plus two parts perseverence....yeah, that's me!
Latest Review: "The Secret Dead" by SW Fairbrother
Katiesaurus

Post by Katiesaurus »

When I was a kid I only read fantasy stories (I still do read them now) but now my taste varies from Sci-Fi to Horror. Sometimes I tend to read a chick-lit. Recently I am into Young Adult novels. They are so hyped by many people in my surroundings that I always read them just so I can discuss with them whether the book is good or not. Young Adult novels are quite amusing to read but they have almost the same pattern.
junogirl
Favorite Author: maeve binchy
Favorite Book: pride and predjudice
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-junogirl.html
fav_author_id: 6080

Post by junogirl »

i generally like to read fiction overall because i live in real life and i love to be transported to different times and places in my imagination. If i could do it myself, i would write books, but i can't so i read them. some autobiographies interest me because i want to know more about the person i am interested in but in general, these are disappointing because you generally make these people up in your head to be more than they are and when you read their blather, you're disappointed that they are actually real, boring people.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
― John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
Doodahday6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doodahday6.html

Post by Doodahday6 »

I enjoy fiction and nonfiction.
casey238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-casey238.html

Post by casey238 »

I like fiction.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”