Have you ever missed your night sleep for a book

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
MichelleWiggs
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Have you ever missed your night sleep for a book

Post by MichelleWiggs »

I'm with Elle howard. I once read the half blood prince from Harry Potter all in one day. I didn't got to bed until 6am and when I closed my eyes all I saw was text from the book hehe.
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

Oh, definitely! Many times over, in fact. Some books just grip you like that. I'd go to bed telling myself that I'll just read for an hour or two... Next thing I know, the sun is rising outside my window! Sometimes I feel guilty; I really should have caught those Zs.

The worst, though, is when you stay up all night with that unputdownable book and you didn't finish...! :shock2:
HappyTigerGeek
Currently Reading: How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-happytigergeek.html
Latest Review: Life in a Box by JoDee Neathery

Post by HappyTigerGeek »

Of course! Most memorable was when the last Harry Potter book came out.
At the time I was working in a bookstore, as we had a midnight release party. Got home around 1:30am, curled up and started reading! Finished it around 6 and slept till noon!
Can't do that with a toddler, he'd destroy the house if I just stayed in bed, lol!
Aditi Sapate
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditi-sapate.html
Latest Review: Miracles Love a Believer by Stacy Manning Casaluci

Post by Aditi Sapate »

I have missed night's sleep, study time, functions, dinner and many other things for reading! :lol2:
nikhilkrishna2003
Favorite Author: Dan Brown
Currently Reading: 281 and beyond
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikhilkrishna2003.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
fav_author_id: 2452

Post by nikhilkrishna2003 »

I missed a night's sleep to finish Dan Brown's books many times , but it was worth it.
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
DD129
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dd129.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by DD129 »

I’ve done this many times. I just can’t put down a good story! I know it’s bad for my eyes to read in the dark with a bright screen, but if I’m into it, I can’t stop myself. It can’t be helped, though I do try not to overdo it.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Many times not once.If the book is interesting I get glued to it all night.
Nalence
Currently Reading: My Lady of Cleves
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Nalence »

I do that all the time. When the book is excellent, I just can stop until I read it whole. Which often ends up with me staying up until the morning.
Ria710
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 166
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ria710.html
Latest Review: The Magic Lantern by Charles Townsend

Post by Ria710 »

I’ve definitely missed a night of sleep because of a book. The thing is, when I really get into a book, I don’t realize that the time has gone.
Henrytbab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henrytbab.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Henrytbab »

Debbyemi wrote: 18 Aug 2017, 07:41 I sometimes find myself attached to the book am reading that I will not be able to drop it for the night. I will just have to continue reading till am done. I remember staying up till 4 am to finish a book I started early in the day, my elder sister was like won't you even get to sleep. I was just so glued to the book I could not drop it without knowing the end. luckily for me, the book wasn't so big so I could finish it and was still able to catch about 2 hours sleep. Wondering if it is lack of discipline or love for book that make me do such.

If it has ever happened to you, here is the place to give your experience.
I have stayed throughout the night reading. If the book is very interesting, then I will make sure I know the end.
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
-George Bernard Shaw
Sammy822
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sammy822.html
Latest Review: Russia's Biggest Hack by James E. Doucette

Post by Sammy822 »

On most nights, I am tossing and turning in bed because I can't stop thinking about a book, what will happen in it next, and am just too excited to pick it up again tomorrow. Often times I will be so exhausted from reading all day that my eyes will be shutting and I'll be yawning while reading, but the moment I go to bed and put down the book, sleep will desert me and I'll keep thinking about the book.
monserrat_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monserrat-21.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by monserrat_21 »

Definitely! I also stayed up until 4am one time because I couldn't bring myself to put a book down. It was the first book of The Infernal Devices series. I finally called it a night when the morning light started filtering through my window, but as soon as I woke up I picked up the book again.
“That’s the thing about books. They let you travel without moving your feet.”

Jhumpa Lahiri
Arite Seki
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arite-seki.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Arite Seki »

I'm used to not sleeping if I'm captured by a book. I usually have problems sleeping in any case so I find that curling up with a good book relaxes me to the point of sleep, but if the book is too interesting I can easily get lost and lose track of time, only realising once I've either finished the book or when the sun has come up
Yearly Joy Besoy
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yearly-joy-besoy.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Yearly Joy Besoy »

Yes. I've missed a night's sleep for a book countless times, especially if the book is excellent and interesting that you can't put it down.
Lia A
Favorite Book: Aurora Rising
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lia-a.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Lia A »

I do that. I usually do that when I'm near the end of a series because I can't wait to see how it ends.
“𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓶𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓮𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓸𝓯 𝓫𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼, 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝓲𝓼 𝓲𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓭𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶, 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓭𝓼 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓹𝓸𝔀𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝓸 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓰𝓮 𝓾𝓼.”
― 𝓒𝓪𝓼𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓻𝓪 𝓒𝓵𝓪𝓻𝓮, (𝓒𝓵𝓸𝓬𝓴𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓴 𝓐𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓵)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”