How Interesting would life be without Books?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Re: How Interesting would life be without Books?

Post by Debbyemi »

bootsie0126+ wrote: 12 May 2018, 22:22
nikkyteewhy wrote: 12 May 2018, 21:54
bootsie0126+ wrote: 12 May 2018, 20:41
I am cracking up at your post (LMHO). You got it right. I could see Stephen King writing the story of how the world has turned into walking zombies in search of a book. The one place that has been able to hide books is under attack and the people must defend the only few books left in the world. Ahh :vollpanik: :vollpanik:
Yeah totally, then an ancient looking man would have the copy of the world's last book which would be a manual of how to shut down the machine, only problem is no one can read; till they find the Chosen One. The last girl who can read.:vollpanik: :vollpanik:
I think we got a hit on our hands. This is so cool. Of course, if the book did so well and became a movie, Stephen would have to make a quest appearance in the movie, like he has in just about every other book/movie that he has written. :lol2:
[/quote]

I like the way the movie is already developing, just ensure I'm a cast in the movie, else I'll make sure the Zombie succeed.
lil_tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by lil_tiffany »

life itself will be lifeless
dianne1013
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dianne1013 »

:cry2: it would be interesting if the book is transfer to the sites like this . life would be interesting and enjoyable by reading books here.
Kiisme
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =52409">12 Shades of Surrender</a>
Currently Reading: An Accidental Affair
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiisme.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Kiisme »

life without books would be interesting. I must say I am intrigued to see what else would occupy the vast portion of life that books currently fill. This got me thinking what life would be like without music?
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

Man has always found a way to record things, whether it is drawings on a cave or a youtube video. It seems to be our nature to keep records. It is hard to imagine a world without books, but there was a time when books as we know them today did not exist. Back then people relied on priests and other leaders to tell them what to do. I imagine in a situation where books did not exist today, some other recording mechanism would be developed.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

Not very interesting as even many of our movies today rely on books for their stories.
ObsessedBookNerd
Favorite Book: Moon Called
Currently Reading: Morning Is Always Nigh
Bookshelf Size: 882
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obsessedbooknerd.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by ObsessedBookNerd »

I think books help us to use our imagination & explore other worlds so a lot of movies & tv shows also would not have been created if there were no longer any books. Life would be very boring & uncreative.
Likey
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Likey »

I'd say that books are one of the basis of our civilization. First printed book came out in 15th century and once books became much cheaper and faster to produce, the humanity started developing much faster. Sharing knowledge and experience became much easier.
Uche B
Currently Reading: China rich girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-b.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Uche B »

My first thought was that life wouldn't be interesting at all but if books never existed, we would be used to it and wouldn't feel like anything was missing.
Alice Thokchom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thokchom-alice.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Alice Thokchom »

I just can't imagine a life without books. It will be monotonous and dull. Books propagate ideas: it connects one mind to others.
A joke is to entertain people. If it fails to do so, it's something else!
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

Booooring. Personally, I wouldn't know what I'd do if there were no books. 😂
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

Oh no, life without books would be damn boring. Seriously where would we be getting g information from and What would we be enjoying for a hobby?
shravsi
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Crime and Punishment
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shravsi.html
Latest Review: Sam the Chosen by Wally Jones

Post by shravsi »

Life would not be complete for me. Everything I learned mostly comes from a book. I learned to understand other people through characters of books.
Nightreaderx
Currently Reading: Unhinged
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Nightreaderx »

I don't like the idea of a life without books. I have been reading and writing for years and they help with my struggles with mental illness. Also, many great movies and shows come from novels.
DD129
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dd129.html
Latest Review: The Message? by Avam Hale

Post by DD129 »

I would definitely be bored without books in my life. A lot of my time is comprised of reading; it's a hobby of mine that I inevitably go to when nothing is happening. Reading in line, reading in the waiting room, reading in the car on a road trip... I don't know what I'd do if there was nothing to read.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”