What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
revathy sw
Favorite Book: The Wind in the Willows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revathy-sw.html
Latest Review: Mithra by John M. Rattenbury

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by revathy sw »

The last book I read was Isaac and the Egg by Bobby Palmer. This was an unexpectedly great read. I decided to take a chance on it because of the intriguing title...and I was not disappointed. This was a hilarious and heartbreaking read. It is a magic realist book that uses a walking, talking (kind of) egg to help Isaac Addy come to terms with the tragedy that has upended his life. It is a completely different and fresh take on the process of healing.
Just an average book-lover bumbling through life :tiphat:
Ganeefa Karan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ganeefa-karan.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by Ganeefa Karan »

Finding KC. I enjoyed the book; however, due to the errors, I had to rate it 4 out of 5 stars.
Adriana Ortencio 3
Currently Reading: Positive Dog
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Adriana Ortencio 3 »

I just finished, Help me to Heal by Bernie Siegel. I give it a 5/5 star rating as it completely changed my mindset about how a person mentally continues to thrive in life and how their body falls in line with the mind - kind of like mind over matter. It helped me to finish overcoming a chronic illness by just my revamping my outlook on life and how I was planning my life.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Pioneering Nonprofit AI Initiatives: A Guide to Generational Diversity, Ethics, and Collaboration by Ainsley K. Hines
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 440%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Silberg. It is a good book about entrepreneurship. It is inspiring to overcome issues and be happier. The author is UN Women Global Champion for Women Empowerment.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by human reader »

Gamer Army by Trent Reedy is a fun book with a somewhat unique story. The idea is the kids are in a gaming competition, but the competition is not what it seems. I guess I might give it a 7.5/10 because parts I had mixed feelings on but there is a lot to enjoy as well. The characters are likable and there are interesting futuristic elements, such as neural implants being used to treat seizures and other things.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

The last book I read was Phobia Relief. It was 5 out of 5 starts for me.
Pranav Dewangan
Currently Reading: The Science of Storytelling
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pranav-dewangan.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Pranav Dewangan »

Cristiano Bellucci wrote: 03 Feb 2024, 13:51 UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Silberg. It is a good book about entrepreneurship. It is inspiring to overcome issues and be happier. The author is UN Women Global Champion for Women Empowerment.
Planning to read this book soon. I like its premise.
AdeMic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ademic.html
Latest Review: Critical Habitat by Terrence King

Post by AdeMic »

The last book I read was Critical Habitat by Terrence King. I rated it 4 out of 5.
Sav Sparkman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

The last book I read was Life of Pi by Yann Martel. I give it a rating of 5 out of 5. I just finished it last night and I really enjoyed reading it! The main character makes some thought provoking statements about religion and philosophy. The tale is one of survival and is gripping through every page. There is a fair amount of tragedy, but generally an undertone of hope. It is a well written and organized book.
“Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” —Helen Keller
Renee Gregorio Adan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-gregorio-adan.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 3%

Post by Renee Gregorio Adan »

The last book I finished was Niching up by Chris Dreyer. Overall a good book, very simple to read. I rated it 4/5. 😊
Christina Shupe
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-shupe.html
Latest Review: Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond

Post by Christina Shupe »

The last book I read was Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond. This book is a gothic mystery dealing with werewolves. I love a good mystery and enjoyed this book a lot since it was unique with folklore thrown in.
Haime Alshaef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haime-alshaef.html
Latest Review: Homecoming by Jude Austin

Post by Haime Alshaef »

My last book was called Project Tau by Jude Austin. It’s a sci-fi, but it doesn’t have the typical lasers, robots, time travel, etc. It’s about a college freshman named Kalin Taylor who was trapped in a human cloning facility and has to try to find a way out. It was genuinely a really good book, and I’m about to read the rest in the trilogy. Needless to say, I give it 5/5 stars.
Christina Shupe
Currently Reading: The Date Farm
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christina-shupe.html
Latest Review: Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond

Post by Christina Shupe »

Christina Shupe wrote: 13 Feb 2024, 10:57 The last book I read was Nekkid Lake by Noah Bond. This book is a gothic mystery dealing with werewolves. I love a good mystery and enjoyed this book a lot since it was unique with folklore thrown in.
I gave it 4 out of 5 stars
D_Tan
Bookshelf Size: 0
2024 Reading Goal: 200
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by D_Tan »

The last book I read was The Hunger Games Series. I binged read it! Like one after the other. It was fun! Getting lost at their world. :D
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 643
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

The last book I read was "The Conspiracy to End America" by Stuart Stevens. I have seen Stuart Stevens as a political commentator on TV and when I saw this book, I had to read it. Stuart is a former Republican that writes about the five ways his old party is driving our democracy to autocracy. Sadly, the GOP does not want to pass laws to help all Americans because they are content with just grabbing power. The 2024 election could be the last free and fair election we have because of Trump's plan to become a dictator and the Republican party is falling in line with his plans and they bow to him. I hope there is an incredible voter turnout for this election that will enable the Democrats to take back the House, retain their majority in the Senate and prevent Trump from becoming president and destroying our country. I highly recommend this book.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”