What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
human reader
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by human reader »

Scary Stories For Sleepovers By R.C. Welch - 8.5/10

Rating collections is always hard, but the point is I'd recommend this one. Each story has an illustration with some being pretty cool. Compared to most short story collections, this book is darker and more violent. It pushes the envelope the most I've seen for middle grade horror while still having the fun of monsters and supernatural.
Lottie Armitage
Currently Reading: Nightbitch
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Lottie Armitage »

The manga Goodnight Punpun by Inio Asano. A high 4/5 - the first manga I’ve ever completed. Stunning and thought-provoking art with particular attention paid to the backgrounds. Dark and bleak throughout, but remains readable because of the humour and quirkiness in the illustrations. Wasn’t sure what to expect but it made me cry. Only loses a star because the translation is very simple and at times feels like it’s missing something.
Lily Walker 1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 225
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lily-walker-1.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Lily Walker 1 »

Caraval by Stephanie Garber - 3/5

It’s good for what it was (fantasy y/a) but i don’t think it is for everyone. Definitely underwhelming.
Rakesh+12345
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Rakesh+12345 »

"Fireproof Happiness" well-written by Dr.Randy Ross. Given 5/5

It was written by Respective Author when we were having
Facing Corona crisis.it is a must read book 📖for each and every one to be shown how "Happiness" word rely on "Hope".
Cindy Bolen
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Cindy Bolen »

The last book I read was The Way I hate Him by Meghan Quinn. I gave it a 5/5.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: This Is Your Last Warning
Bookshelf Size: 644
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

The last book I read was "Time Before Time" and I found it to be a well-written book with an incredible plot. Was there a civilization on Earth 400 million years ago and did they colonize other planets via space travel? I found the whole concept very interesting so I purchased a paperback copy of the book since I still enjoy a paper copy of a book over ebooks and it makes it easy to share the book with my wife. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

The last book I read was "Time Before Time" and I found it to be a well-written book with an incredible plot. Was there a civilization on Earth 400 million years ago and did they colonize other planets via space travel? I found the whole concept very interesting so I purchased a paperback copy of the book since I still enjoy a paper copy of a book over ebooks and it makes it easy to share the book with my wife. I gave this book a 5 out of 5-star rating. @Mrlefty0706
Aroona Kashif
Favorite Author: Ana Huang
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aroona-kashif.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut
fav_author_id: 32219

Post by Aroona Kashif »

I recently finished rereading Powerless by Lauren Roberts and I rate it 4/5 stars. It was well-written and I had fun reading it but it lacked originality in many scenes.
all’s fair in love and poetry
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

The last book that I just finished reading "Madame President" by Nicolle Wallace and I found the book to be an excellent read and rate it 5-stars. Wallace has written three books that I recently purchased used and I expect the other two to be excellent reads. Nicolle is a very talented writer and anchor on MSNBC. I highly recommend "Madame President".
Aroona Kashif
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Aroona Kashif »

Hopeless by Elsie Silver. 5/5 stars!
Aroona Kashif
Currently Reading:

Post by Aroona Kashif »

Hopeless by Elsie Silver. Just finished reading it a day ago, and it was definitely a 5/5 stars.
Adéla Kapicová
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ad-la-kapicov.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Post by Adéla Kapicová »

Iron Flame, and it was pretty great. However, I preferred Fourth Wing, because it felt more original and shocking. Overall, if you like dragons, I can recommend it. :)
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

The last book I read was "Eighteen Acres" by Nicolle Wallace and I would give it a rating of 5 out of 5-stars. Nicolle Wallace is a very talented writer and MSNBC anchor. Her Deadline - White House daily 2-hour program is excellent and I really missed her while she was home on leave after her daughter was born. I highly recommend this book and the other books she has written. @Mrlefty0706
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP

Post by mrlefty0706 »

The last book I read was "Fear No Evil: by James Paterson is an Alex Cross thriller and I highly recommend it to all Alex Cross lovers and new readers that have yet to read an Alex Cross novel. James Patterson has written so many great books but the Alex Cross stories are my favorites. @Mrlefty0706
Anshuman Tripathy
Currently Reading: Sock Lobsters
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Anshuman Tripathy »

I read David Walliams, Code Name Bananas, i would rate it a 4/5 since its long and catchy but could use a little more entertainment while reading. Overall a great read!

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”