What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Book Review Tub
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-review-tub.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: What is the last book you read, and your rating?

Post by Book Review Tub »

The last book I read is Killing Abel. It is 5/5 for me. It was brilliant and interesting.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I finished Love on the Brain by Ali Hazelwood and liked it very much. 4/5 stars.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

Just finished reading The eSmith Eye Story. It was not a bad read but due to its shoddy editing I had to give it a 2 out of 4 rating.
gali

Post by gali »

Finished Hell Followed With Us by Andrew Joseph White and rated it 3.5 out of 5 stars.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Gabrielle Butler
Favorite Book: Origins of the Universe and Life
Currently Reading: Emotional Intelligence
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Gabrielle Butler »

The last book I read was Origins of the Universe and Life: Bible and Science Agreement or Contradiction? by Daniel Friedmann. As a former Catholic who now believes in science, it was very intriguing to see how similar our scientific findings truly are to the stories of the Bible and Torrah.
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 756
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Karlabchu »

Book 71: The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. I will have to come back to this book later, but I want to be true to my first reaction and say that it is an exceptional look of the Congo over different decades, narrated by a group of women who suffered the pain of its historical changes firsthand and tried to to understand and explain, from different points of view and depth of thought, the intricate details and balance of each event.
The characters seemed to me to be well described and molded, in such a way that one comes to identify with them and with the evolution of their thoughts.
The historical changes then comes to collide with these women and to mold their ideas in one way or another, which managed to reach a human side that few have achieved.
The only thing I didn't like was the gaze of the other, present throughout the novel, inevitable being the foreign heroines who narrate what they see. They had good native characters to develop the narrative that were wasted.
In any case, it seems to me an exemplary novel that has little competition. Or rather I am the one who fails as a reader and I must look for more books of the African continent. 5/5
Keine Gheyinmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Keine Gheyinmi »

The last book I read was The Fox. I rated it a 4 out of 4 stars. It is an interesting book and it's well edited
Karlabchu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
2024 Reading Goal: 756
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Karlabchu »

Book 72: Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett. Well, the allegories are plenty and there are many ways to interpret this comedy. But let's go to the first one that came to my mind and in a second opportunity I will look for another approach to interpret it. The theater of the absurd is always new every time you experience it.
||Didi and Gogo are waiting for Godot, for me an ingenious words play for the English of God, in a permanent limbo, it may be purgatory, since they have asked and prayed for something (liberation?) and Godot has told them that he will think about it. So they will not leave, no matter how many times they are incline to it, since they are waiting for Godot to decide. Hence, the character of Pozzo becomes the devil or its closest entity that declares these his territories and the entities behind the curtain that always hit Gogo, his henchmen. The hat that Lucky uses to think is later used by Didi, hence he is the only one who remembers something the next day.|| In this way, Gogo's shoes, his belt, the willow tree, are some of the things that can be interpreted and reinterpreted the more you think about this work. My only complaint is that it is very short.
Anyway, I found it satisfactory, but I admit that the theater of the absurd is not for everyone. So I only recommend it for those who have an interest in it. 4/5
Karen Gurtiza
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen-gurtiza.html
Latest Review: A Walk in the Twilight by John J Bosco Jr.

Post by Karen Gurtiza »

"How To Stop Binge Eating and Learn To Love Food Again" by Rebecca L. Robson. I gave it a 3/4. It's not so me but good for me.
Kelsea Handibode
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Kelsea Handibode »

"The Starless Sea" by Erin Morgenstern. I gave it a 3.5/4 because it really scratched the part of my brain that was looking for an adventurous, fantastical sort of book but definitely left me wanting a little plot-wise by the end. Definitely worth the read though!
mathias mathayo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mathias mathayo »

The last book i read was The Catcher in the Rye. His rating is 8 out of 10 found on insurancevita
Yasmyna Feraru
Favorite Book: The Catcher in the Rye
Currently Reading: Jack frusciante è uscito dal gruppo
Bookshelf Size: 47

Post by Yasmyna Feraru »

Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. 2 out of 4 stars
gali

Post by gali »

Finished The Left-Handed Booksellers of London by Garth Nix and liked it. 4/5 stars.
A retired Admin/Mod

Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Of All Faiths & None
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fredrick-felix-mnjala-maneno.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Fredrick Felix Mnjala Maneno »

The last book I read was The Magician's Secret. I gave it a rating of 3 out of 4. I really enjoyed reading the book but the editorial errors brought it down a bit.
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

I am new here, so I don't have any last books. But I'm currently reading The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”